Saturday, January 28, 2012

Re: [Everything doTERRA] Re: healing the thyroid

Excellent info! I completely agree.
gin
On 1/27/2012 5:47 PM, Riki Evans wrote:
thyroid.about.com is a great resource.  Mary Shomon is an advocate for proper thyroid treatment and a respected author.
I take Armour thyroid and have had the best success with it.  Definitely monitor your temp.  As far as Armour not being standardized, I've heard that excuse from my doctor as well.  The truth is here: 
http://thyroid.about.com/b/2009/01/27/the-desiccated-thyroid-controversy-why-endocrinologists-dont-like-armour-thyroid.htm

My temp was 96.1 as well, Ramona, but I took mine during the day, when it should have been between 98.6 to 99.  My pulse was 52! (Indicative of adrenal issues)  Yet, my TSH tests were in the "normal" range.
http://thyroid.about.com/cs/testsforthyroid/a/isityourthyroid.htm

Also, in 2003, the American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists suggested the new TSH range to measure for thyroid issues be changed to 0.3 to 3.0.  Yet in the last 9 years I've only had ONE lab use that range.  Still, I feel best at .5 to .8, with relief of most hypo symptoms and no hyper symptoms.  When my levels are at 2.25, I cannot get out of bed. 
Fortunately, I found a doctor who takes my symptoms into consideration as well as numbers.
http://thyroid.about.com/od/gettestedanddiagnosed/a/garbertsh.htm

I would also like to suggest you test your adrenals as well.  An easy way is to take your resting pulse rate.  Sometimes treating your thyroid without treating low adrenals will get you nowhere.  Even the Physician's Desk Reference states it can lead to death!  Yet, not once has a doctor tested my adrenals.  We must educate ourselves and take our health into our own hands.  I have switched doctors several times for not listening to my wishes or symptoms.  I insist on having a doctor who will work WITH me, and remember, they work FOR you! 
Riki


Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2012 16:33:53 -0800
From: ramsfam13@yahoo.com
Subject: Re: [Everything doTERRA] Re: healing the thyroid
To: everythingdoterra@googlegroups.com

I always got the same response from the blood tests alone, but according to my holistic doctor, there can still be thyroid issues even if the blood test numbers are in range.  I would get an old fashioned mercury thermometer and take your temperature every morning for about 4-5 days and record it.  Do it before you even get out of bed in the morning.  I believe that normal body temp when you've been sleeping is about 97.4 or so.  Mine was in the 96 range, which indicates a very low thyroid function.
 

Ramona


From: Lynn <jprouty@q.com>
To: Everything doTERRA <everythingdoterra@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Friday, January 27, 2012 4:56 PM
Subject: [Everything doTERRA] Re: healing the thyroid

I have many of the symptoms of hypo thyroid, but my doc says its
fine.  They tested the TSH level and it was 1.99.  Can anyone give me
some insight on this?

On Jan 27, 1:25 pm, Katz Delauney-Leija <kdelau...@sc.rr.com> wrote:
> no medication just Lugol's
> On Jan 27, 2012, at 2:55 PM, melody wrote:
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> > I was just going to recommend Lugol's . I just started taking this. I
> > am taking medication for low thyroid as well. Katz---Are you on meds
> > too or just the Lugol's?
> > The information on not speaking up rings true for me! : )
> > On Jan 23, 11:10 am, Katz Delauney-Leija <kdelau...@sc.rr.com> wrote:
> >> I also have an under active thyroid…as well as using the oils I take Lugol's iodine and it makes a HUGE difference I started by taking 10 drops a day (Muscle tested and that is what I needed!) I now take 6 drops 3 x a week. so you do heal!http://www.strideintohealth.com/Lugols-Solution.htmlwhereyou can buy good quality iodine
>
> >>> I can't remember how I got to it, but it's very interesting info about iodine.  There are a few technical parts to it (chemistry) but I was able to follow it and I'm sure you can.
>
> >>> This guy talks about Big Pharma and how all they want to sell you is a pill when "they" are keeping us iodine deficient which leads to a whole host of problems.  Iodine can reverse fibercystic breast disease and he treated his own father for hypertension, high cholesterol, angine of 20 years and obesity with just a few nutrients and natural hormones.  He says the US RDA for iodine is 150 mcg when our body really needs at least 12.5/day.  He has a breakdown of how much each tissue uses...thyroid, breast and prostate tissue require a lot of iodine and women have higher requirements because of the amount of breast tissue they have.  He himself takes 100 mg/day for his own health.
>
> >>> He and his partners have tested over 5000 for iodine deficiency and they have found 96% of their patients are iodine deficient.
> >>>  If you look at the symptoms...including systemic yeast (which I am finally fixing).....iodine is even "under" that cuz when your iodine levels are low, you are open to opportunistic infections like yeast.
>
> >>>http://www.bbc5.tv/eyeplayer/video/iodine-misunderstood-nutrient
>
> >>> This is Dr. Brownstein's website
>
> >>>https://www.drbrownstein.com/homePage.php
>
> >>> An interesting thing is that now "they" put bromine in everything  (breads, pastries, anything that uses flour cuz it's brominated flour.  Our body has no use for bromine, but if we don't have the right iodine levels, bromine will be taken up by the tissues that use iodine if iodine is not available.  They are in the same group on the periodic chart...called the Halides.  Flouride and Chloride are there too.
>
> >>> This guy notices that when you increase iodine, the bromine levels in the urine go up cuz Iodine is kicking out the bromine and the body is releasing it...so you have to go slow as this is like a detox process on your body.
>
> >>> Anyway...interesting stuff. Here is the other doctor---
>
> >> Click here: Iodine for Health by Donald W. Miller, Jr., MD
>
> >> This guy is a Cardiologist in Washington State.  More evidence.....http://www.donaldmiller.com/
>
> >> Hope this helps---
>
> >> Katz Delauney-Leija MSW
> >> Phoenix Rising LLC
> >> 803-530-6199
> >> kdelau...@sc.rr.com
>
> >> On Jan 23, 2012, at 12:18 PM, Ginny Eiseman wrote:
>
> >>> Did they do the antibody test to see if it is Hashimotos? The reason I ask is that I've always wondered if someone newly diagnosed could try the Lyme protocol of Dr Hill (3 weeks of 3 drops Onguard; 3 drops Cassia; 3 drops Oregano 3 X daily) and dropping all forms of wheat during that 3 weeks to see if that made a difference. My curiosity stems from a couple of theories different doctors have proposed but research wasn't done: the cell structure of wheat being similar to that of our thyroid cells and that a virus triggered the bodies reaction.
> >>> Because I was diagnosed 20 years ago I didn't get the opportunity to try our oils to see if that would have changed things, and I firmly believe it will make a big difference. You are doing everything right. I think the roller balls are a great idea.
> >>> If you ever feel like it is a little harder to swallow or there is something small caught in your throat and it doesn't go away, try making a roller ball of sandalwood and FCO and add that to your routine. For me it usually means a nodule is expanding. (Mine fluctuate in size based on how my thyroid is doing).
> >>> Can oils heal the thyroid? I believe they can if caught as early as yours is. I'd try the protocols and monitor your symptoms and see how it goes. If you ever have to go on meds I strongly recommend the natural thyroid like Armour even if many docs won't prescribe it. As for how long, I don't have any idea. With the prescription it is for life. Even if you have to use the oils daily for life it would be much better than the prescription.
> >>> I'm attaching a symptom review checklist because many of the things on there go hand and hand with thyroid issues.
> >>> I hope you'll keep us updates as to your progress so we can help others.
> >>> gin
>
> >>> On 1/22/2012 6:42 PM, Ramona Brown wrote:
>
> >>>> I've posted a bit before about being diagnosed with an underactive thyroid.  I've chosen to not take any medications and I'm trying really hard to heal it naturally.  I was recently told that this was impossible, that you can only control symptoms, not heal the thyroid.  I don't believe this, I think this is what many doctors tell their patients, and I refuse to buy into that.  So, I'm looking for any testimonials or experiences with oils or other holistic and diet measures that people have taken to heal their thyroid.  So far, I have completely changed my diet.  I eat everything whole food and most organic.  I have increased my fat intake (good fats like coconut oil) a lot. I don't eat anything processed, have cut dairy and grains (especially wheat) and the only sweeteners I have are a bit of fruit every day.  I have been trying to do the oil protocol mentioned on the site, but I think I need to make up some rollerbottles to make multiple applications a day easier. I have completed the GX assist and PB assist protocol several times (each a few months apart), although I try and do the PB assist all the time, when I'm not doing the GX assist. I take the LLV and I also use the terrazyme.  I know that it will take time, but I would love some stories or examples of how long I can plan on. Thanks in advance for any information.
>
> >>>> Ramona
>
> >>>> --
> >>>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
> >>>> Groups "Everything doTERRA" group.
> >>>> To post to this group, send email to everythingdoterra@googlegroups.com
> >>>> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> >>>> everythingdoterra+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
> >>>> For more options, visit this group at
> >>>>http://www.everythingdoterra.com
>
> >>> --
> >>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
> >>> Groups "Everything doTERRA" group.
> >>> To post to this group, send email to everythingdoterra@googlegroups.com
> >>> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> >>> everythingdoterra+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
> >>> For more options, visit this group at
> >>>http://www.everythingdoterra.com<symptom review.pdf>
>
> >> Katz Delauney-Leija MSW
> >> Phoenix Rising LLC
> >> 803-530-6199
> >> kdelau...@sc.rr.com
>
> > --
> > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
> > Groups "Everything doTERRA" group.
> > To post to this group, send email to everythingdoterra@googlegroups.com
> > To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> > everythingdoterra+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
> > For more options, visit this group at
> >http://www.everythingdoterra.com
>
> Katz Delauney-Leija MSW
> Phoenix Rising LLC
> 803-530-6199
> kdelau...@sc.rr.com

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Everything doTERRA" group.
To post to this group, send email to everythingdoterra@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
everythingdoterra+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://www.everythingdoterra.com



--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Everything doTERRA" group.
To post to this group, send email to everythingdoterra@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
everythingdoterra+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://www.everythingdoterra.com
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Everything doTERRA" group.
To post to this group, send email to everythingdoterra@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
everythingdoterra+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://www.everythingdoterra.com

No comments:

Post a Comment