Friday, January 27, 2012

RE: [Everything doTERRA] Re: Bipolar Disorder - Personal Experience - Oils used featured at the bottom of post.

Thank you for sharing

-----Original Message-----
From: everythingdoterra@googlegroups.com [mailto:everythingdoterra@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Holan Nakata
Sent: Friday, January 27, 2012 1:55 PM
To: Everything doTERRA
Subject: [Everything doTERRA] Re: Bipolar Disorder - Personal Experience - Oils used featured at the bottom of post.

First off, I would like to apologize for not emphasizing the dangers
of getting off the medication.
I was merely sharing my experiences from my perspective of things.

I just wanted to offer hope to those seeking an alternative.

Here is more details to my story
The first time I stopped my medication the LAMICTAL was disastrous.
It was a time worse than ever, I did not elaborate.
--It was a time that included but not limited to:
--Driving on the wrong side of the road
--Burning my Hair
--Fits of rage when I would slam my head against concrete
--Yelling at the top of my lungs at people
--Destroying property
Entering the doctors office, he known that I had gotten off the
medication without me telling.
He told me this, "That if I were to get off medications again, that I
was puting my life at risk." If it seemed that his point wasn't
getting across. He simplified it to this, "If you get off the
medications, you will die."

When Ginny says, "Then on top of that if you look in the persons eyes
they look
almost scared, like please help me I can't stop. Its not uncommon to
see
tears running down their face in helplessness. Then when they
collapse,
frequently sobbing, rocking back and forth and inconsolable."
A person named Charly said in another post, that the risk is too high.


I lived trapped in this type of fear.

Ultimately, I made the decision that I felt was right for me.
Difficult as many would argue a MENTALLY ILL person is in NO POSITION
to make that sort of position. For years, I was silent about getting
off my medication for FEARS of what people would say for me to go back
on.
I guess, being on medication gave people a PEACE OF MIND. I was silent
for 4 Years.

As Ginny said, there is a HIGH CHANCE that I was misdiagnosed.
I agree the area of psychology is FAR FROM PERFECT. For this reason I
sought alternatives.
Today there are different types of bipolar disorder. But as with any
psychological condition, observing behaviors is very SUBJECTIVE.
Unfortunately, we can't just scan the brain and get a diagnosis.
For me, the risk of using the WRONG medications were too high. For me,
the risk of unwanted SIDE EFFECTS are too high.
When I was on ZOLOFT, I was incoherent, shaking, and would stutter a
lot. At times I would blank out.

In the area of psychology, it is difficult to pinpoint which
medications work, ask any physician.

Ask any person taking antidepressants.

When do you stop. I'm sure if I told my doctor, that I would like to
ween off. He would have told me no. He would share how many patients
have adjusted their life to accommodate with the medication for the
rest of their lives.
Quite frankly I disagreed. If I shared this story a few years ago, I
would probably have backlash. But after six years, I displayed I did
what worked for ME.

Lastly, I would like to emphasize the power of PRAYER.
In one of the moments of depression, I cried out to God to take away
the pain.
I did not heal over night. Perhaps, God healed me prior to getting off
the medications.

I am not here to take the place of a physician. I am just sharing my
experiences just as some of my friends who shared alternatives to
cancer treatment or type II Diabetes. By no means are they telling
people what to do but rather what they did.


I APOLOGIZE for any confusion my post have caused.

Thank you,
Holan Nakata

In this


On Jan 26, 3:53 am, Holan Nakata <hol...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I pray for everyone who is frustrated with emotions and for those who
> need love first and foremost.
>
> Bipolar Disorder, formerly known as manic depression is a condition
> I've seen asked about on this forum quite a bit. Many ask which oil to
> use (If you want to know, scroll to the bottom of the page)
>
>  Before I tell you which oil, I would like to share a few tips on
> dealing with people with bipolar disorder (for friends or family)
> I am not a doctor. However, I have been diagnosed with clinical
> depression, then rediagnosed with bipolar disorder. I have been off of
> medications for over 6 years now. Praise the Lord!
>
> I am writing this because I recently had a nervous breakdown, with a
> new assessment and outlook of the situation.
>
> I do believe that the term "Bipolar Disorder" is used to described a
> state for a period of time. I do not believe that a person permanently
> exhibits bipolar traits such as mania with thoughts of grandeur,
> anger, or depression. I do believe just as many IPCs believe against
> most physical disease, that lifestyle prevents disease, doctors treat
> it, but the body heals itself. It is no different with bipolar
> disorder as it is also a physical disease.
>
> How was the diagnosis done?
> Psychiatry/Psychology is not a perfect science.
> ADD, Clinical Depression, and Bipolar Disorder are often diagnosed and
> we have a world full of people on antidepressants, stimulants, or mood
> stabilizers.
>
> I was diagnosed with clinical depression at the age of 17. I lost 15
> pounds in just a couple months due to a lack of appetite. I was sleep
> deprived. I went through the initial stages of psychotherapy, when my
> health was getting worse, I was prescribed ZOLOFT.
> I had many very unpleasant adverse effects on my mind. An
> antidepressant found to commonly work with people with clinical
> depressed (The mechanism of action - Zoloft is a seratonin reuptake
> inhibitor)
>
> I was prescribed LAMICTAL, an epileptic medication with very high
> success of treatment.
> (The mechanism of action - Sodium Channel Blocker also blocks
> repetitive neuron firing)
>
> Medicine treats the disease. It does not cure it.
> I felt great. I was cured! ...Or so I thought.
> I stopped taking LAMICTAL diligently. My condition was worse than
> before. I was rapid cycling. I felt frustrated and was sad, and felt
> like I had a monster to cage. How could I ever start a family like
> this?
>
> I was then prescribed LITHIUM in addition to LAMICTAL.
>
> I quite cold turkey.
> I took LITHIUM and LAMICTAL diligently as I attended college. However
> there were times where I felt that some emotions could not be kept
> retained at other times I felt as if I did not live life to the
> fullest. In the end, it was my constant feeling of lethargy and a
> visit to the school psychiatrist who then offered to trial an error 5
> different antidepressants (with all different mechanism of action)
> until we found one that would work effectively. I am not a guinea pig
> or lab rat!
>
> I decided without the consent or physician advice to stop my
> medication.
> I woke up the next morning and noticed nothing happened.
>
> Explanation
> Lifestyle Prevents Disease.
> If you hit a breaking point in your life chances are that you have to
> assess your lifestyle.
>
> Assess all the different forms of health as they affect each other...
> Physical, Emotional, Mental, Spiritual, Financial, and Social
>
> Your physical health - Sleep, Diet, Excercise, Stress management <--
> All effect each other and all effect the body and other forms of
> health.
> Your emotional health - Find what true love is whether it is agape,
> phileo, eros, or storge. Also know the five languages of love (there
> is a great book by Dr. Gary Chapman) This ties in with Social health
> Your Social Health - How are your relationships?
> Your Financial Health - An important aspect. Do you have a peace of
> mind? Do you have related stress that has to do with perceived view of
> income or security?
> Your Spiritual Health - Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs shows that people
> are looking for purpose. This may lead to a search for God. I
> encourage everyone to go on the search, I have friends with different
> faiths.
> My journey lead me to strengthen my relationship with Jesus Christ as
> my Lord and Savior in Christianity.
>
> All of those were in place. I went to school. I slept well and ate
> well and also worked out at times. I had made friends and spent a lot
> of quality. I had no worry of finances or the roof over my head. I
> prayed and I fellow shipped with people who shared the same faith and
> exhcanged ideas with people of different faiths.
>
> Being off medications for six years and counting can be attributed to
> all these things but if there is any one aspect I would have focused
> on as a priority for the rest would be prayer and spiritual health
> because sometimes in that situation you need a miracle, you need hope,
> that seemingly cant be found, and you need love. <-- That's my
> personal view I hope you don't mind.
>
> Tips on treating people that are struggling with emotional health.
> Be there - sometimes being there is more than enough. It can be
> frustrating to figure out what a person wants. Being there is better
> than not even though they try to push you away because when we come to
> our sense we will remember that kind of love.
> Don't push (Or offer at the right time) If you offer a solution when a
> person is defensive, you might experience some crazy rage. If you
> offer it while they are euphoric, you may not get a serious
> understanding of the solution. If they are depressed, they might try
> anything to take away the torment. Either way, always share with love.
> Inspire people to take action. Treat people with dignity.
> I've always disliked my diagnosis because I felt as if I was looked
> down upon. Labeled as mentally unfit, unsound.
> Know that it's not them, it's their body and condition. This may be
> the hardest because you know your friend wouldn't do such a thing, how
> can they? And you may not want to forgive them and let them go on the
> excuse that it's their condition. But please a person who is in the
> better situation in control of emotions and let it go and forgive.
> "Forgiveness is the final form of love. -Reinhold Niebuhr" I agree
> with you, what they did isn't right, I acknowledge that now let go.
> I've pushed away and destroyed many relationships that took me a few
> years to recover, some never fully recovered. It's quite painful. All
> the above will help prevent or understand that.
>
> One obstacle is letting go and willing to combat against bipolar
> disorder. As ridiculous as it sounds there were times I was okay with
> it and considered it a blessing. I thought I could figure out to ride
> the waves of emotion. Instead my emotions rode me and was frustrated
> and on the verge of not being all together there. I do remember this
> quote by John Wooden which reminded me as a leader to never think of
> using emotions as a strength.
>
> "Emotionalism can be a fatal flaw. I place the greatest VALUE on
> intensity. It's the difference between a welder's arc and a forest
> fire. Both have plenty of heat, but the welder's torch cuts through
> the steel with precision, while the forest fire rages out of control
> and destroys the forest." - John Wooden.
>
> SO WHICH Oil????
> I do believe oils work. I use them. I have firsthand experience
> especially with burst of anger, stress, depression, restlessness. Why
> did I tell the whole story first?
> 1. Oils are like a crutch, they will help alleviate some of the
> emotions, but you must change your lifestyle to prevent emotional
> instability. Just as people who have physical issues such as diabetes,
> cardiovascular issues, etc... Oils work wonders but you have to do
> your part.
> 2. To build trust and rapport. I have seen this question pop on and on
> again. I've told people the oil I use and is sometimes disregarded
> leaving a person with mediocre results without even attempting to use
> the oil I suggested.
> 3. As by the story I shared about myself, it is not a one dimensional
> issue. There are so many aspects. I believe that it will spark a
> journey. For me, it was resolving many personal issues from the past.
> 4. If you simply rely on the oil for it, you are treating your body
> how your doctor treats your body. You have ______, take this. As a
> practitioner of natural medicine, you must take a different approach
> than western medicine which is very specialized.
>
> AND THE OILS ARE....
> 1. Melissa. I've shared this with people and perhaps people disregard
> it in the past because it was not readily available. It was only
> included in the Diamond Kit until the Every Oil Kit came out. I guess
> people are hesitant when you offer a solution that so happens to be
> the most expensive oil in the kit. I own every oil. Citris Bliss is
> great diffused but for me Melissa is most effective. I place it on my
> upper lip and the back of my neck . I used this for stress. Sometimes
> I'm a bit tense. It's good to have a loved one who recognized this to
> apply it when you may not choose to.
>
> 2. Frankincense. Frankincense is known for everything. I am starting
> to use it more or more but it seems to work with my body beyond my
> understanding. Frankincense has inadvertently helped aid me with my
> sleep. I apply it topically. Though Serenity helps calm down and have
> helped with the peacefulness of sleep. Frankincense has really helped
> with the quality or depth of sleep. I notice that I recall my dreams,
> which is commonly theorized to occur during REM Sleep.
>
> 3. Serenity. I diffuse this and put it on the bottom of my feet. Sleep
> is important for all espects of health including mental. First thing
> to get some sense of mind back is to get good sleep. Oils help but
> make sure your biological rhythms are in tuned. What you eat, ehne you
> eat. How much exercise, when you exercise. These are factors for sleep
> in addition to using your oils.
>
> 4. Elevation. Though I don't personally ...
>
> read more »

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Everything doTERRA" group.
To post to this group, send email to everythingdoterra@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
everythingdoterra+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://www.everythingdoterra.com

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Everything doTERRA" group.
To post to this group, send email to everythingdoterra@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
everythingdoterra+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://www.everythingdoterra.com

No comments:

Post a Comment