Saturday, January 28, 2012

Re: [Everything doTERRA] healing the thyroid

Yep. Right out of the endocrinologist hand book. I've seen several and quite frankly think I could replace them with a computer and a lab. Ironically tonight I was practicing for a presentation I'm giving tomorrow night and part of it is where I cover that pharmaceutical companies actually try and mimic essential oils and other natural treatments with synthetics so they can patent them and make money. So here is the deal with Armour (or other brands of desiccated thyroid - it comes from pigs (so it won't work for vegetarians). They started using it in the late 1800s. In the 1970s there was an issue with a company that shipped out a batch that actually didn't have any thyroid in it. The company was charged for their fraudulent action and it gave natural thyroid a bad name. Keep in mind that the company that manufactures synthroid has been warned numerous times by the FDA to keep its levels consistent or they will lose their license to distribute it.
Most of the docs who are really knowledgeable and have happy thyroid patients test for T3 and T4. My doctor has told me that if you have an autoimmune disease that TSH is a waste of time. It is very hard to find a good thyroid doctor. Your best bet is to find one that also focuses on Fibromyalgia.
gin
 
On 1/27/2012 11:25 AM, Nannette wrote:

Hi Gin,

 

What’s  the  natural source of Armour ? My endocrinologist prescribed me the synthetic Synthroid because she wants a  medication that’s “stable.”  She said that natural sources  are subject to variation. She has to carefully monitor my tsh so my thyroid cancer won’t return. However, I’m not under her care anymore and  I plan     that my primary physician will take good care of this. I want to revisit this option with him. Did I read somewhere  that one said that we should not be tested for tsh only? Thanks for your time.  You are a precious resource, along with the others.

 

If anyone can comment on this query, please do.  I appreciate your input.  Thanks.

 

Nannette of Orange Park, FL

IPC 99148

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment