Friday, January 27, 2012

[Everything doTERRA] Re: Bipolar Disorder - Personal Experience - Oils used featured at the bottom of post.

Thank you Ginny, for perspective.

On Jan 27, 8:14 am, Ginny Eiseman <gi...@kpunet.net> wrote:
>      Just have to comment here. First I should explain my husband has a
> psychology degree although when he went into his masters program he
> decided he didn't want to be a clinical psychologist so he went down
> another path. Psychology remains a passion of his and bi-polar is a hot
> button for him so we talk about it a lot, as one of my friends is bi-polar.
>      First, 1% of the population is bi-polar. It is a very rare disorder
> despite the modern trend of over diagnosing. It is very frustrating to
> me to watch this. Its like they don't know what is wrong so they feel
> they have to put you in a box. If you read the description of bipolar it
> describes most women while on PMS. The key difference and I'll try my
> best to explain it based on my observations is the frantic
> uncontrollable aspect of it. If you've ever seen the youtube video where
> they give spider a controlled substance and it starts frantically
> building a web and the web is a disaster and it just frantically builds
> until it collapses into a quivering heap. That is kind of what the manic
> is like. Then on top of that if you look in the persons eyes they look
> almost scared, like please help me I can't stop. Its not uncommon to see
> tears running down their face in helplessness. Then when they collapse,
> frequently sobbing, rocking back and forth and inconsolable. When they
> finally sleep they frequently wake up in a deep depression. It is
> without question one of the most heartbreaking things to watch.
>      One thing I should mention after having a conversation with my
> doctor is that Lyme disease can cause bipolar disorder. So that is
> something to be aware of. Diagnosing Lyme is very difficult so if you
> get a test result always ask for a copy of the results and compare them
> to some of the articles on ilads.org
>      From what Heather describes it sounds very much hormone related. I
> know we all hate to to hear that but it is a fact. It is also very much
> genetic and made worse by our environment, all of the chemicals, added
> hormones, toxins and prescription drugs amplify it. A couple things to
> consider - do a GX/PB Assist cleanse, take LLV, Phytoestrogen, Solace,
> use Balance, Peaceful Child Bend or Vetiver. Eliminate refined foods,
> white flour and sugar from your diet and eat as much organic as you can.
> If you have insurance try and find a psychologist with a doctorate that
> specializes in therapy and not drugs and try and learn what you are
> dealing with and coping skills to deal with it. If it is an option, a
> neurotransmitter test might be in order. If it comes back low in
> serotonin add 100 mg of 5HTP instead of chemically inducing increased
> serotonin. (Note - do not take 5HTP with any anti-depressant or
> anti-anxiety meds). Watch Laura Jacobs video on My Chemistry Made Me Do It.
>      Its just my opinion but I think there are some serious things going
> on with women's hormones and they've only been getting worse as time
> goes on.
>      My only comment about medication is, if you are helping someone
> that is bipolar and they want to go off their meds do not do it cold
> turkey. It can be very dangerous to do so depending on the meds and
> there is a high risk of suicide.
>      Those that have shared your bipolar stories, thank you very much
> for sharing. I can't imagine how hard it is to do so. Please don't think
> for a second that I question your diagnosis at all. My intention is to
> point out how rare it is and there are many other things that can cause
> similar symptoms. As an example, one of my daughters has anxiety issues.
> She and some of her friends got together and did some research, they
> read the symptoms and she convinced herself she had it. So did one of
> her other friends. She started seeing a psychologist for about 8 months
> who said she did not have it. The psychologist moved and she saw another
> one and after 2 sessions that psychologist said she was bipolar. We
> promptly made an appointment with a psychiatrist who evaluated her and
> she she absolutely was not bipolar, she has general anxiety disorder. I
> should add she was 14 and  bipolar typically but not always presents in
> late teens to early adulthood.
> gin
>
> On 1/27/2012 8:04 AM, heather gunnerson wrote:
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> > this is amazing!!  thank you for sharing.  i have never been
> > diagnosed; but am pretty sure bipolar explains me.  I believe all the
> > women in my family are. my mom, aunts, grandma, great aunts etc....
> > I used to think I "learned" the behavoir from my mother.  this helps
> > to explain to me that it is physical not all me or all emotional.  my
> > husband always asks me whats wrong, are you going to start your
> > period, did you have a bad day.  He is trying to help; but i just say
> > "it's not always my fault"
> > the thing i am wondering about; i am not trying to justify it at all;
> > I just feel like my emotions create this problem.  if i pin point the
> > problem then i will be able to correct it. My problem is that i spend
> > money like crazy!  I feel like i don't have any control sometimes.
> > Not sure if this is linked to depression or bipolar or not.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Everything doTERRA" group.
To post to this group, send email to everythingdoterra@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
everythingdoterra+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://www.everythingdoterra.com

No comments:

Post a Comment