Thursday, January 26, 2012

[Everything doTERRA] Re: Bipolar Disorder - Personal Experience - Oils used featured at the bottom of post.

What an awesome entry! You shared so much great information. I know
I will save this for use if I come across anyone dealing w/this in
their life. You are an asset to this group and though I have not
struggled w/this issue, all your points were very valuable and can
speak to any problem that someone struggles with. Thank you for
taking the time. I pray that I will get to meet you some day and
visit that beautiful island again! If not here, in heaven then as I
share your faith in our awesome Savior. God bless you!

On Jan 26, 6:53 am, Holan Nakata <hol...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I pray for everyone who is frustrated with emotions and for those who
> need love first and foremost.
>
> Bipolar Disorder, formerly known as manic depression is a condition
> I've seen asked about on this forum quite a bit. Many ask which oil to
> use (If you want to know, scroll to the bottom of the page)
>
>  Before I tell you which oil, I would like to share a few tips on
> dealing with people with bipolar disorder (for friends or family)
> I am not a doctor. However, I have been diagnosed with clinical
> depression, then rediagnosed with bipolar disorder. I have been off of
> medications for over 6 years now. Praise the Lord!
>
> I am writing this because I recently had a nervous breakdown, with a
> new assessment and outlook of the situation.
>
> I do believe that the term "Bipolar Disorder" is used to described a
> state for a period of time. I do not believe that a person permanently
> exhibits bipolar traits such as mania with thoughts of grandeur,
> anger, or depression. I do believe just as many IPCs believe against
> most physical disease, that lifestyle prevents disease, doctors treat
> it, but the body heals itself. It is no different with bipolar
> disorder as it is also a physical disease.
>
> How was the diagnosis done?
> Psychiatry/Psychology is not a perfect science.
> ADD, Clinical Depression, and Bipolar Disorder are often diagnosed and
> we have a world full of people on antidepressants, stimulants, or mood
> stabilizers.
>
> I was diagnosed with clinical depression at the age of 17. I lost 15
> pounds in just a couple months due to a lack of appetite. I was sleep
> deprived. I went through the initial stages of psychotherapy, when my
> health was getting worse, I was prescribed ZOLOFT.
> I had many very unpleasant adverse effects on my mind. An
> antidepressant found to commonly work with people with clinical
> depressed (The mechanism of action - Zoloft is a seratonin reuptake
> inhibitor)
>
> I was prescribed LAMICTAL, an epileptic medication with very high
> success of treatment.
> (The mechanism of action - Sodium Channel Blocker also blocks
> repetitive neuron firing)
>
> Medicine treats the disease. It does not cure it.
> I felt great. I was cured! ...Or so I thought.
> I stopped taking LAMICTAL diligently. My condition was worse than
> before. I was rapid cycling. I felt frustrated and was sad, and felt
> like I had a monster to cage. How could I ever start a family like
> this?
>
> I was then prescribed LITHIUM in addition to LAMICTAL.
>
> I quite cold turkey.
> I took LITHIUM and LAMICTAL diligently as I attended college. However
> there were times where I felt that some emotions could not be kept
> retained at other times I felt as if I did not live life to the
> fullest. In the end, it was my constant feeling of lethargy and a
> visit to the school psychiatrist who then offered to trial an error 5
> different antidepressants (with all different mechanism of action)
> until we found one that would work effectively. I am not a guinea pig
> or lab rat!
>
> I decided without the consent or physician advice to stop my
> medication.
> I woke up the next morning and noticed nothing happened.
>
> Explanation
> Lifestyle Prevents Disease.
> If you hit a breaking point in your life chances are that you have to
> assess your lifestyle.
>
> Assess all the different forms of health as they affect each other...
> Physical, Emotional, Mental, Spiritual, Financial, and Social
>
> Your physical health - Sleep, Diet, Excercise, Stress management <--
> All effect each other and all effect the body and other forms of
> health.
> Your emotional health - Find what true love is whether it is agape,
> phileo, eros, or storge. Also know the five languages of love (there
> is a great book by Dr. Gary Chapman) This ties in with Social health
> Your Social Health - How are your relationships?
> Your Financial Health - An important aspect. Do you have a peace of
> mind? Do you have related stress that has to do with perceived view of
> income or security?
> Your Spiritual Health - Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs shows that people
> are looking for purpose. This may lead to a search for God. I
> encourage everyone to go on the search, I have friends with different
> faiths.
> My journey lead me to strengthen my relationship with Jesus Christ as
> my Lord and Savior in Christianity.
>
> All of those were in place. I went to school. I slept well and ate
> well and also worked out at times. I had made friends and spent a lot
> of quality. I had no worry of finances or the roof over my head. I
> prayed and I fellow shipped with people who shared the same faith and
> exhcanged ideas with people of different faiths.
>
> Being off medications for six years and counting can be attributed to
> all these things but if there is any one aspect I would have focused
> on as a priority for the rest would be prayer and spiritual health
> because sometimes in that situation you need a miracle, you need hope,
> that seemingly cant be found, and you need love. <-- That's my
> personal view I hope you don't mind.
>
> Tips on treating people that are struggling with emotional health.
> Be there - sometimes being there is more than enough. It can be
> frustrating to figure out what a person wants. Being there is better
> than not even though they try to push you away because when we come to
> our sense we will remember that kind of love.
> Don't push (Or offer at the right time) If you offer a solution when a
> person is defensive, you might experience some crazy rage. If you
> offer it while they are euphoric, you may not get a serious
> understanding of the solution. If they are depressed, they might try
> anything to take away the torment. Either way, always share with love.
> Inspire people to take action. Treat people with dignity.
> I've always disliked my diagnosis because I felt as if I was looked
> down upon. Labeled as mentally unfit, unsound.
> Know that it's not them, it's their body and condition. This may be
> the hardest because you know your friend wouldn't do such a thing, how
> can they? And you may not want to forgive them and let them go on the
> excuse that it's their condition. But please a person who is in the
> better situation in control of emotions and let it go and forgive.
> "Forgiveness is the final form of love. -Reinhold Niebuhr" I agree
> with you, what they did isn't right, I acknowledge that now let go.
> I've pushed away and destroyed many relationships that took me a few
> years to recover, some never fully recovered. It's quite painful. All
> the above will help prevent or understand that.
>
> One obstacle is letting go and willing to combat against bipolar
> disorder. As ridiculous as it sounds there were times I was okay with
> it and considered it a blessing. I thought I could figure out to ride
> the waves of emotion. Instead my emotions rode me and was frustrated
> and on the verge of not being all together there. I do remember this
> quote by John Wooden which reminded me as a leader to never think of
> using emotions as a strength.
>
> "Emotionalism can be a fatal flaw. I place the greatest VALUE on
> intensity. It's the difference between a welder's arc and a forest
> fire. Both have plenty of heat, but the welder's torch cuts through
> the steel with precision, while the forest fire rages out of control
> and destroys the forest." - John Wooden.
>
> SO WHICH Oil????
> I do believe oils work. I use them. I have firsthand experience
> especially with burst of anger, stress, depression, restlessness. Why
> did I tell the whole story first?
> 1. Oils are like a crutch, they will help alleviate some of the
> emotions, but you must change your lifestyle to prevent emotional
> instability. Just as people who have physical issues such as diabetes,
> cardiovascular issues, etc... Oils work wonders but you have to do
> your part.
> 2. To build trust and rapport. I have seen this question pop on and on
> again. I've told people the oil I use and is sometimes disregarded
> leaving a person with mediocre results without even attempting to use
> the oil I suggested.
> 3. As by the story I shared about myself, it is not a one dimensional
> issue. There are so many aspects. I believe that it will spark a
> journey. For me, it was resolving many personal issues from the past.
> 4. If you simply rely on the oil for it, you are treating your body
> how your doctor treats your body. You have ______, take this. As a
> practitioner of natural medicine, you must take a different approach
> than western medicine which is very specialized.
>
> AND THE OILS ARE....
> 1. Melissa. I've shared this with people and perhaps people disregard
> it in the past because it was not readily available. It was only
> included in the Diamond Kit until the Every Oil Kit came out. I guess
> people are hesitant when you offer a solution that so happens to be
> the most expensive oil in the kit. I own every oil. Citris Bliss is
> great diffused but for me Melissa is most effective. I place it on my
> upper lip and the back of my neck . I used this for stress. Sometimes
> I'm a bit tense. It's good to have a loved one who recognized this to
> apply it when you may not choose to.
>
> 2. Frankincense. Frankincense is known for everything. I am starting
> to use it more or more but it seems to work with my body beyond my
> understanding. Frankincense has inadvertently helped aid me with my
> sleep. I apply it topically. Though Serenity helps calm down and have
> helped with the peacefulness of sleep. Frankincense has really helped
> with the quality or depth of sleep. I notice that I recall my dreams,
> which is commonly theorized to occur during REM Sleep.
>
> 3. Serenity. I diffuse this and put it on the bottom of my feet. Sleep
> is important for all espects of health including mental. First thing
> to get some sense of mind back is to get good sleep. Oils help but
> make sure your biological rhythms are in tuned. What you eat, ehne you
> eat. How much exercise, when you exercise. These are factors for sleep
> in addition to using your oils.
>
> 4. Elevation. Though I don't personally ...
>
> read more »

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Everything doTERRA" group.
To post to this group, send email to everythingdoterra@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
everythingdoterra+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://www.everythingdoterra.com

No comments:

Post a Comment