Thursday, December 30, 2010

[Everything doTERRA] I Burnt My Thumb :(

So I thought I would share this little testimonial of what one could
do about a burnt thumb :)

I am accident prone (I blame it on poor eye sight.) so I am not sure
what hubby was thinking leaving me alone in the house with a power
tool. I was putting together some shelving with our drill when I
needed to use a larger screw than what I had. Only problem was, the
next larger size was too big. I decided to use it anyway. I figured
the worst that could happen is it would get stuck, I would cuss, and
then hammer the sucker in the rest of the way :)

Nope, all of a sudden sparks started to fly, my drill head thingy
turned green and blue and suddenly I smelled melted metal. I stopped
the drill and without thinking grabbed the drill head thingy. I knew
it would be hot, but for some reason my hand didn't care and I grabbed
it. My thumb immediately melted to it and I could smell burnt flesh
along with the melted metal. Where my thumb was it had turned white
and began to blister. The pain didn't really bother me at first and I
was so determined to finsih the shelving that I kept on working.

When it was time to start dinner I couldn't figure out why my thumb
was hurting - then I remembered.

Gripping about not taking care of it right away I put some Lavender on
it to help with the pain thinking that now that it had been a few
hours it was going to take more then a little Lavender to fix it. I
applied it several times through out the rest of the night and this
morning.

Happy to report thumb is back to normal color and although I have a
drill head thingy imprinted in it, it no longer hurts and is on the
mend :) And yes, my husband laughed at my plight, but at least I have
another fun story about how the oils helped! (Even if it was something
as minor as an accident prone wife)

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Everything doTERRA" group.
To post to this group, send email to everythingdoterra@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
everythingdoterra+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://www.everythingdoterra.com

No comments:

Post a Comment