Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Re: [Everything doTERRA] Re: Breastfeeding

I have a baking business and I often convert my conventional recipes to a healthier version.  I love your recipe!  When I convert my cookies to healthier version I substitute evaporated cane juice for the regular sugar and sucanat for the brown sugar straight across, it gives it a slightly different texture and flavor but they swap really well.  I just powder them down in my vitamix before adding and it gives a better texture. I know those are still sugars and not perfect but anything helps! I also substitute fresh ground white wheat flour for regular white flour with great success, sometimes you have to play with the amount a little to get the best texture.  Thanks for sharing!


From: AZmidwife <svmidwife@cox.net>
To: Everything doTERRA <everythingdoterra@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Wed, June 29, 2011 8:59:33 AM
Subject: [Everything doTERRA] Re: Breastfeeding

Lactation Boosting - Oatmeal, Chocolate Chip & Flaxseed Cookies  (6
dozen) 

1-cup butter
1-cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
4-Tablespoons water
2-Tablespoons flaxseed meal*
2-large eggs
1-teaspoon vanilla
2-cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1-teaspoon salt
2-Tablespoons of brewers yeast* (be generous)
3-cups oats, (thick cut is best)
1-cup or more chocolate chips
1-cup chopped walnuts (optional)

Directions:
Preheat oven at 375 degrees F.
Mix together 2 tablespoons of flaxseed meal and water, set aside for
3-5 minutes.
Cream (beat well) margarine and sugar.
Add eggs one at a time, and mix well.
Stir flaxseed mixture and add vanilla to the margarine mix.
Beat until blended. Sift together dry ingredients, except oats and
chips.
Add to margarine mixture.
Stir in oats then chips.
Scoop or drop onto baking sheet, preferably lined with parchment.
The dough is a little crumbly, so it helps to use a scoop.
Bake 8-12 minutes, depending on size of cookies.
*can be found at any local health food store.
**NOTE** *IT MUST BE BREWERS YEAST, NO SUBSTITUTIONS.
*If you don't like chocolate chips, it can be any sort of sweet chip-
like thing. (Peanut butter chips, butterscotch, whatever you like!)
But these cookies seriously, are the BEST EVER.
Stephanie

On Jun 28, 3:10 pm, karen allen <1allenka...@gmail.com> wrote:
> My baby is 5 months old and up until 2 weeks ago I have had great milk
> supply. It has decreased so much I've had to start supplementing
> formula about 2 bottles a day. I have tried the herb fenugreek and
> mothers milk and they have helped some but it's not up to where it was
> before. Is there a oil that will help promote milk production?

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Everything doTERRA" group.
To post to this group, send email to everythingdoterra@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
everythingdoterra+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://www.everythingdoterra.com

No comments:

Post a Comment