Saturday, January 2, 2010

[mompowergroup] Digest Number 272

Messages In This Digest (10 Messages)

1a.
Re: Car Seat question From: Gloria Hernandez
2a.
Re: playing alone From: maryj_mom
3a.
Re: article From: Molly Taray
4.
Hello from a new member From: AlisonCWFC
5a.
Re: plz pray me From: Jody Mort
5b.
Re: plz pray me From: Lisa Stock
6a.
Re: food to five months old baby From: Frank Schoch
6b.
Re: food to five months old baby From: Banumathi K
6c.
Re: food to five months old baby From: Banumathi K
7.1.
Re: hello From: Terry Peifer

Messages

1a.

Re: Car Seat question

Posted by: "Gloria Hernandez" gthome36@yahoo.com   gthome36

Fri Jan 1, 2010 8:55 am (PST)



You are right about that. Actually the one I bought of craigslist was also brand new in the box. The lady had received two for her baby shower and only needed one. So I did good. But you are right some things are worth investing in.

--- On Wed, 12/30/09, ...hi... <dom_massage@yahoo.com> wrote:

From: ...hi... <dom_massage@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [mompowergroup] Re: Car Seat question
To: mompowergroup@yahoogroups.com
Date: Wednesday, December 30, 2009, 10:23 PM

 

 

I actually got a GREAT car seat my 2yo LOVES - at Kmart. It was Safety 1st for $89.99 - same one I was going to get at Babies R Us for $199.

 

Money well spent - and I saved $100.

 

and did you know you can go to any fire department and they'll attach the car seat for you properly at no charge!

 

best of luck! 

 

the members below are right ---- it's one of those investments you NEED to spend $ on, to make sure your child is safe!

2a.

Re: playing alone

Posted by: "maryj_mom" maryj_mom@yahoo.com   maryj_mom

Fri Jan 1, 2010 8:56 am (PST)



my dd just turned 3 and doesn't do the 24 piece puzzles by herself. Although if I sit next to her and encourage her, she can do it. I think it is gaining the confidence to problem solve it. Of course she also doesn't play alone most of the time. I think it's pretty normal at that age.

Mary

--- In mompowergroup@yahoogroups.com, Sarika Bhat <sarika8282@...> wrote:
>
> Hi Liana,
>  
> No, my daughter doesn't play alone in other circumstances!  so therefore i'm not really expecting her to do the puzzle by herself while i watch tv!  however what surprises me is that even if i'm directly in front of her asking her to do the puzzle, she doesn't do it.  she wants me to do it, even though i'm pretty sure she knows where some of the pieces go, at least the obvious ones.
>  
>  
> playing alone
> Posted by: "liana precup" liafan_2000@...   liafan_2000
> Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:50 am (PST)
> Dear Sarika,
>  
> Does your daughter play alone in other circumstances? Is it about the ability of doing puzles or about the ability/habit of playing alone?
>  
> Liana
>  
>  
> Posted by: "Sarika Bhat" sarika8282@yahoo. com   sarika8282
> Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:55 pm (PST)
>
> i have a daughter who will be 3 in february and we have started doing some 24 piece puzzles.  she likes to do them as long as i'm right in front of her telling her exactly where the pieces go!  or she'll take a 50 piece puzzle and ask me to do the whole thing whiel she watches me.  i was just wondering if your kids do puzzles, and at what age do they start doing them independently?  thanks!!
>

3a.

Re: article

Posted by: "Molly Taray" poetgal26@yahoo.com   poetgal26

Fri Jan 1, 2010 8:58 am (PST)



Lindsey,
Wow 5 kids will Disabilities, high five to you and keep up the good work...I have a son that is 3 yrs old, we aren't sure what is wrong honestly...we are going to our local children's hospital here in Delaware for genetic testing and we also have a meeting with developmental medicine in the end of January , so we are playing the waiting game now...We also have a 1 and few months old daughter too, she seems to be doing alright.. I had some developmental issues growing up, which I have grown out most of them and some learning disabilities too.... He is starting a new school Monday too, that most of their kids in the school have some sort of disability, some are mild and some have serious stuff too....It is a big change for him from his old school, which was only a few days a week and only a few hours in the morning.... He will be there all day and every day, and he will be taking the bus too and they will be bringing him home. I will check out this article
that you wrote...Take care and hope you have a great new yrs!

May I ask where ya from?

--- On Mon, 12/28/09, 5kidswdisabilities@gmail.com <5kidswdisabilities@gmail.com> wrote:

From: 5kidswdisabilities@gmail.com <5kidswdisabilities@gmail.com>
Subject: [mompowergroup] article
To: mompowergroup@yahoogroups.com
Date: Monday, December 28, 2009, 8:03 PM

 

I am so excited that an article I've written has appeared in Exceptional Parent Magazine!!!
http://www.eparent. com/main_ channels_ family_community /Raising_ 5_Kids_With_ Disabilities_ and_Remaining_ Sane_Blog. asp
Lindsey Petersen

4.

Hello from a new member

Posted by: "AlisonCWFC" ajbermack@verizon.net   ajbermack

Fri Jan 1, 2010 8:59 am (PST)




Hi everyone.

Let me first start out by saying how much I love Quaker Oats.

I am an avid cook, mother of three, food writer and blogger. My whole
life revolves around food, baking, cooking and eating!

My favorite food to make using Quaker Oats is granola. I often do it
with friends while the kids are playing. It takes only a few minutes to
mix the ingredients and then while it bakes, I hang out talking with
friends and playing with the kids. It's a win for everyone! And then in
less than 45 minutes my friends and I each have a homemade and delicious
batch of granola to take home.

My friends and I also make granola and then package them as gifts for
teachers, neighbors during the holidays and at the end of the school
year.

If anyone is interested, I'd be more than happy to share my recipe.

I am looking forward to sharing various ways we can cook and bake with
Quaker oats.

Alison

www.cookingwithfriendsclub.com <http://www.cookingwithfriendsclub.com>

5a.

Re: plz pray me

Posted by: "Jody Mort" jlmort19@yahoo.com   jlmort19

Fri Jan 1, 2010 9:00 am (PST)



Mehri
I will pray for you. But please get this checked out by a doctor, your children need you & this could be serious.
Take Care,
Jody

________________________________
From: Mehri Sedaghat Shayegan <m_sedaghat_sh@yahoo.com>
 
Hi all.....I'm 38 years old,I've had neck ache seriously, I was very active and full enerjy but now I can't do normaly things in my life,it caused me sad,i have 2 children and don't have anybody who help me,I try to imagine good life .
I love all moms.
Mehri 

5b.

Re: plz pray me

Posted by: "Lisa Stock" lisadavidstock@sbcglobal.net   lisadavidstock@sbcglobal.net

Fri Jan 1, 2010 9:01 am (PST)



Hi Mehri,
I hope things get better for you, i know it's hard for us moms to take care of our children when we aren't 100%. You are in my prayers to get better. I am 39 years old and a mother of 3 children, had severe back surgery in 2005 and has disabled me for life, there are certain things that a normal mom can do, that I can't. I hope your neck gets better and you are in my thoughts and prayers. Take one day at a time!
Happy New Year!
Lisa

--- On Wed, 12/30/09, Mehri Sedaghat Shayegan <m_sedaghat_sh@yahoo.com> wrote:

Hi all.....I'm 38 years old,I've had neck ache seriously, I was very active and full enerjy but now I can't do normaly things in my life,it caused me sad,i have 2 children and don't have anybody who help me,I try to imagine good life .
I love all moms.
Mehri 

6a.

Re: food to five months old baby

Posted by: "Frank Schoch" fschoch@ymail.com   fschoch@ymail.com

Fri Jan 1, 2010 9:00 am (PST)




Hi my name is Karen, I started my son on rice cereal when he was 3 months old because the liquid just wasn't doing it but I didn't put it in his bottle, I fed him off a spoon the dr said it would get him started eating off a spoon easier. also I gave him a little fruit.just watch because that is how I found out my so had an alergy to banana's do one fruit at a time I would start with apple sauce do it for at least a week to see if it bothers your child. I hope I've helped. Now my son is 1 years old & eats very well

--- On Tue, 12/29/09, Banumathi <mathimsw1@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>I am Banu,Now my son is five months old,I am not yet start the solid food,is it correct time to give solid food and what type of solid food i introduce first .Please help me
>
>Regards
>Banu
>
>

6b.

Re: food to five months old baby

Posted by: "Banumathi K" mathimsw1@yahoo.com   mathimsw1

Fri Jan 1, 2010 9:01 am (PST)



Hi Julie

I got good information from you,thank you very much.I am going to start food to my baby.

Banu

________________________________
From: Julie Beagle <juliebbee@hotmail.com>
does your baby seem hungry with only liquid?  i started my 3 with rice cereal when they seemed ready.  i made it very thin to begin with, then gradually thickened it as they got used to it.  all babies are different.  my oldest needed solids early because he was so hungry and a very big baby.  the other 2 preferred breastfeeding.  i hope this helps a little.  
 
julie

 

6c.

Re: food to five months old baby

Posted by: "Banumathi K" mathimsw1@yahoo.com   mathimsw1

Fri Jan 1, 2010 9:04 am (PST)



Hi Ashleigh

Thank you for your kind information,it is very helpfull to me,

Have a nice day
Banu

7.1.

Re: hello

Posted by: "Terry Peifer" tflaves@gmail.com   momsoptions

Fri Jan 1, 2010 9:03 am (PST)



Hi, my name is Terry and I have 2 children, they are both grown and out of
the house.

On Wed, Dec 30, 2009 at 6:13 PM, Letitia L <letitialindsey@ymail.com> wrote:

>
>
>
> Hi my name is Letitia and I temporarily reside in Baltimore,M.d.
> I have four children, 22,18,16,11.
> --- In mompowergroup@yahoogroups.com <mompowergroup%40yahoogroups.com>,
> "kipsacdalan" <kipsacdalan@...> wrote:
> >
> > hello everyone i'm a new member of mompower i'm 44 years old with thre e
> beautiful kids aged 15,9 and 6. i'm a full time housewife and mom for 15
> years. my name is joy.
> >
>
>
>

--
Terry Peifer
Mentor, Director III , 20/20 Achiever
Work At Home United Mom,
Daughter to Erwin (98) and Proud
Mom to Dan and Angie

609-587-8640/866-980-WAHU
TFlaves@gmail.com
www.WAHU4ME.com

YOU ARE 1 PHONE CALL AWAY FROM CHANGING YOUR LIFE!

Please consider the environment before printing this email
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Group Charity

Stop Cyberbullying

Keep your kids

safe from bullying

Check out the

Y! Groups blog

Stay up to speed

on all things Groups!

Cat Groups

on Yahoo! Groups

discuss everything

related to cats.

Need to Reply?

Click one of the "Reply" links to respond to a specific message in the Daily Digest.

Create New Topic | Visit Your Group on the Web

No comments:

Post a Comment