Friday, January 1, 2010

[mompowergroup] Digest Number 271

Messages In This Digest (13 Messages)

1a.
Re: Car Seat question From: maryj_mom
1b.
Re: Car Seat question From: Sater's
1c.
Car Seat question From: Sater's
1d.
Re: Car Seat question From: ...hi...
2a.
food to five months old baby From: Dian Nur
2b.
Re: food to five months old baby From: Ashleigh Keime
2c.
Re: food to five months old baby From: Julie Beagle
3a.
Re: charades From: il_mesen mys
3b.
Re: charades From: Lisa Stock
4.
Car Seats From: Denise Rathey
5a.
plz pray me From: Mehri Sedaghat Shayegan
6.
carseats From: P. Eileen
7.1.
Re: hello From: Letitia L

Messages

1a.

Re: Car Seat question

Posted by: "maryj_mom" maryj_mom@yahoo.com   maryj_mom

Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:34 am (PST)



I use the Eddie Bauer convertible car seat that I got from Target. It is good from 20-80 pounds which stretches out the usage (rear-facing to front facing to booster seat). My dd was also on the larger size (still is at 3 and still uses this car seat as a booster seat.)

Mary

--- In mompowergroup@yahoogroups.com, "Terri S" <terri_sanders@...> wrote:
>
> I am looking to replace my grandson's infant carseat with the next larger one. There are too many to choose from! I have a 2 door truck that I have to "climb" into because I am a bit on the short side. My grandson, at 5 months is already wearing 12-18 month size clothes - he is a big boy.
>
> Does anybody out there have any pro's & con's on their car seats they would like to share with me before I spend the $200+ ?? (The infant car seat we purchased was a lemon and we are so angry about it that we do not want to make that mistake again!)
>
> Thank you.
> Terri S.
> Gran
>

1b.

Re: Car Seat question

Posted by: "Sater's" moosemail04@comcast.net   moosemail2me

Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:35 am (PST)




I would highly recommend the Graco Natulis. It has mutiple functions and
will adjust with your GB until he would no longer need a seat. The harness-5
point system is a 65 pound weight limit, that is higher than most any seat
out there. It also comes apart to make a high back booster seat and a no
back booster. This seat as well will sit in a rear facing position, which is
required until 1 year or longer if possible.

I have two of them--one for a 6 year old girl- she is still using the 5
point harness and comfortably. She is petite but it adjusts well to
accomadate larger.
And the other is what my two year old girl is in and there is plento room
for her to grow tremendously but fits well now as well.

I had a brand new seat for my older child but when I went to buy one for the
baby when she grew out of her infant seat I opted to get two so that I can
have my kidos in the 5 point harness as long as I possibly could. I am
sooooooo Thankful that is what I chose, we have had no problems at all with
either child.
I saw you did mention spending $200 + and that is what these seats run but
are very, very, very worth the price. This shoudl be the last seat you would
have to buy.

if you have any further questions, feel free to email me.

Blessings,Becki

1c.

Car Seat question

Posted by: "Sater's" moosemail04@comcast.net   moosemail2me

Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:37 am (PST)




Oh Yeah !!! I dont feel these seats are too large either that take up to
much of your vehicles seat and leg space between seats either.

Also they are not way complicated to take apart to clean either. I have
washed mine three or four times in the last year and they still look farely
new, not worn or overly used.

1d.

Re: Car Seat question

Posted by: "...hi..." dom_massage@yahoo.com   dom_massage

Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:39 am (PST)



 
I actually got a GREAT car seat my 2yo LOVES - at Kmart. It was Safety 1st for $89.99 - same one I was going to get at Babies R Us for $199.
 
Money well spent - and I saved $100.
 
and did you know you can go to any fire department and they'll attach the car seat for you properly at no charge!
 
best of luck! 
 
the members below are right ---- it's one of those investments you NEED to spend $ on, to make sure your child is safe!

2a.

food to five months old baby

Posted by: "Dian Nur" d.nur99@yahoo.co.id   d.nur99

Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:34 am (PST)



Hi Banu,

I'll try to give my own baby breastfeeding completely six months before her first meal. But if you decided to start giving your son solid food, I think you should try with milk porridge made form white/ red rice or soy flour mixed and boiled with instant baby's formula (milk). Or you can buy some instant baby first meal on the store.
If there aren't stomach disorders such as diarrhea, one or two months later you can try giving him sweet ripe fruit puree or juice for example ripe banana puree.
This maybe helpful information for you, hope your baby get a happy and healthy first meal.

Have a nice day,
Dian

Lebih aman saat online. Upgrade ke Internet Explorer 8 baru dan lebih cepat yang dioptimalkan untuk Yahoo! agar Anda merasa lebih aman. Gratis. Dapatkan IE8 di sini!
http://downloads.yahoo.com/id/internetexplorer/
2b.

Re: food to five months old baby

Posted by: "Ashleigh Keime" beautylover842002@yahoo.com   beautylover842002

Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:35 am (PST)



I started my son right around 6 mths and I started veggies first. I did one veggie for at least 4 days that way i knew he wasnt alergic to it. Then I moved on to another one. I think I started with greens first too. They say if you start fruits first they'll aquire a taste for sweat stuff and not want anything else. So thats my advice.

--- On Tue, 12/29/09, Banumathi <mathimsw1@yahoo.com> wrote:

From: Banumathi <mathimsw1@yahoo.com>
Subject: [mompowergroup] food to five months old baby
To: mompowergroup@yahoogroups.com
Date: Tuesday, December 29, 2009, 4:29 PM

 

Hi

I am Banu,Now my son is five months old,I am not yet start the solid food,is it correct time to give solid food and what type of solid food i introduce first .Please help me

Regards
Banu

2c.

Re: food to five months old baby

Posted by: "Julie Beagle" juliebbee@hotmail.com   juliebbee@ymail.com

Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:39 am (PST)




hello Banu,

does your baby seem hungry with only liquid? i started my 3 with rice cereal when they seemed ready. i made it very thin to begin with, then gradually thickened it as they got used to it. all babies are different. my oldest needed solids early because he was so hungry and a very big baby. the other 2 preferred breastfeeding. i hope this helps a little.

julie

To: mompowergroup@yahoogroups.com
From: mathimsw1@yahoo.com
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2009 22:29:20 +0000
Subject: [mompowergroup] food to five months old baby

Hi

I am Banu,Now my son is five months old,I am not yet start the solid food,is it correct time to give solid food and what type of solid food i introduce first .Please help me

Regards
Banu


__________________________________________________________
Your E-mail and More On-the-Go. Get Windows Live Hotmail Free.
http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/171222985/direct/01/
3a.

Re: charades

Posted by: "il_mesen mys" il_mesen@hotmail.com   il_mesen

Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:35 am (PST)



Hi there,
We used to play charades at our kids parties. We usually use sentences like (Go drink the milk!) or (she is playing with jumping rope). Mostly it is my kids who come up with the phrases.
I hope this helps :)
And ur welcome :o)
Empower your Business with BlackBerry� and Mobile Solutions from Etisalat

-----Original Message-----
From: sarika8282 <sarika8282@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2009 23:45:27
To: <mompowergroup@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [mompowergroup] charades





i'm looking for some ideas for words or phrases for charades. we plan to play on new years eve. there will be kids and adults, although i imagine the adults will do most of the guessing. when it's a kid's turn, it would be nice to have a list for the kids to act out.

i've been looking on the internet and i only see movies, books, celebrities, etc. i was looking for more general things, like "sky" or "mountain." we have a wide range of people at the party, and movies or books won't work well.

thanks!!



3b.

Re: charades

Posted by: "Lisa Stock" lisadavidstock@sbcglobal.net   lisadavidstock@sbcglobal.net

Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:39 am (PST)




I hope you have a successful party, I am attaching the website(s)
that may help you.
http://fun.familyeducation.com/games/party-games/45752.html  
this site has some great ideas, and we followed most of the rules and it worked especially working with pairs or teams
 
http://www.enjoyagame.com/Party-Games/Charades.html.
another great site
 
http://www.ideashower.com/ideas/launched/charades-ideas/
this one has cards you can print
 
My ideas for charades, if you could come up with a list of kids ,movies, toys
Elmo, ernie and bert, grouch,  big Bird, Spongebob, squidward, patrick, sandy, teenage robot, icarly, the simpsons,  acting out santa, or his reinderr, scooby doo,  basketball, football, soccer,
baseball, Barbie, skiing, snowball fight, buliding a snowman, washing dishes, washing the floor, getting dressed, changing a tire, shopping for groceries, putting socks on,
getting on snowpants to play in snow, being a cheerleader, or dancer, smellimg perfume,
cooking a waffle, or cooking a hot dog, making a pb sandwich,
hannah montanna, or  just people doing actions cooking, driving a car, bing a doctor, waitress, cook, cleaning, playing tennis, or bowling
or nurse, acting out even games from the nintendo etc, like zelda,
Toy Story, UP, Bee Movie, Wall-E, or being a robot,  Madascar, thomas the train or just train in general, barney, unwrapping christmas gifts,
 
 I would put myself in the kids shoes, and depending on the ages it depends what the adults could guess.
i hope this helped
Good Luck!
Lisa

--- On Tue, 12/29/09, sarika8282 <sarika8282@yahoo.com> wrote:

From: sarika8282 <sarika8282@yahoo.com>
Subject: [mompowergroup] charades
To: mompowergroup@yahoogroups.com
Date: Tuesday, December 29, 2009, 5:45 PM

i'm looking for some ideas for words or phrases for charades.  we plan to play on new years eve.  there will be kids and adults, although i imagine the adults will do most of the guessing.  when it's a kid's turn, it would be nice to have a list for the kids to act out.

i've been looking on the internet and i only see movies, books, celebrities, etc.  i was looking for more general things, like "sky" or "mountain."  we have a wide range of people at the party, and movies or books won't work well.

thanks!!

------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links

4.

Car Seats

Posted by: "Denise Rathey" ratheyd@yahoo.com   ratheyd

Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:37 am (PST)



There is so many misconceptions out there about the car seat laws- before buying check you state laws on how tall, weight of child and age of child they are all factores in when you can change from rear to front.  Also buy brand new UNLESS you know the person you are getting it from you need to know that the car seat has NEVER been in a accident- it could mean the difference between his survival or not.  If your truck has air bags you may need to consider disabeling the airbag on the passengers side as the pressure of the air bag could cause injury to your little guy- you can call the dealer they should be able to tell you if it is a safety hazard for your child or not.

Dee in MN

5a.

plz pray me

Posted by: "Mehri Sedaghat Shayegan" m_sedaghat_sh@yahoo.com   m_sedaghat_sh

Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:37 am (PST)



Hi all.....I'm 38 years old,I've had neck ache seriously, I was very active and full enerjy but now I can't do normaly things in my life,it caused me sad,i have 2 children and don't have anybody who help me,I try to imagine good life .
I love all moms.
Mehri 

--- On Wed, 12/30/09, calfo4084@aol.com <calfo4084@aol.com> wrote:

From: calfo4084@aol.com <calfo4084@aol.com>
Subject: Re: [mompowergroup] Christmas Greetings Thanks
To: mompowergroup@yahoogroups.com
Date: Wednesday, December 30, 2009, 6:02 AM

 

Your Christmas greeting was so very beautiful. Yes we all shoud pray for our children and world peace. We should all love one another., no matter where we are. God bless you and your family..  I am a grandmother, and have beautiful grandchildren. Tell me about you. Love Kay.

6.

carseats

Posted by: "P. Eileen" dragonsleafarm@yahoo.com   dragonsleafarm

Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:39 am (PST)



Sometimes your state Department of Health Services or local health department can advise you where to go for carseats and which ones they recommend. Consumer Reports also rates the best ones. Local service groups and health departments often provide car seats for free if you are on a limited income.

7.1.

Re: hello

Posted by: "Letitia L" letitialindsey@ymail.com   letitialindsey@ymail.com

Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:39 am (PST)




Hi my name is Letitia and I temporarily reside in Baltimore,M.d.
I have four children, 22,18,16,11.
--- In mompowergroup@yahoogroups.com, "kipsacdalan" <kipsacdalan@...> wrote:
>
> hello everyone i'm a new member of mompower i'm 44 years old with thre e beautiful kids aged 15,9 and 6. i'm a full time housewife and mom for 15 years. my name is joy.
>

Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Group Charity

i-SAFE

Keep your kids

safer online

Y! Groups blog

The place to go

to stay informed

on Groups news!

Yahoo! Groups

Do More For Dogs Group

Connect and share with

dog owners like you

Need to Reply?

Click one of the "Reply" links to respond to a specific message in the Daily Digest.

Create New Topic | Visit Your Group on the Web

No comments:

Post a Comment