Saturday, June 27, 2015

[Everything doTERRA] Re: Question about pain relief.................

I too have osteoarthritis [primarily] in my knees. I've chosen to not use prescriptions because too often I experience unpleasant side-effects, so like you I'd been using NSAIDS. It had gotten to the point that within just a few minutes of taking an NSAID my stomach began to hurt and the pain didn't go away quickly...so no more NSAIDS for me, I was just trying to tough it out, which meant that every step I'd take was filled with pain. That got old real fast!

None of the oils really helped with the pain all that much (even the "morphine alternative," and the new Deep Blue capsules had absolutely no effect on me). The only thing that brought any measure of relief was the topical layering of White Fir over Wintergreen.  What I needed to do was address the inflammation which is responsible for so much of the pain.

That's when I decided to learn more about Wheat Belly (a book written by Dr. William Davis, a cardiologist in Wisconsin) that someone else had mentioned on another thread early this year. I eliminated all grains and processed sugar from my diet - that is HUGE for me - and the inflammation has virtually disappeared. Only occasionally do I miss the grains and processed sugar but remembering the pain takes care of that.  Pain relief is not the only benefit from eating the Wheat Belly way - but it's the one I noticed most because it's what I was looking for.

Do I still have pain in my knees? Of course, after all my cartilage is destroyed, but NOTHING compared to what it was before changing the way I eat!  Most of the pain was from the inflammation. 

While the doTERRA Essential Oils, Essential Oil Blends and Supplements are truly wonderful and beneficial we need to remember that we can't expect the oils to counter our continued bad food choices - the oils aren't a license to "eat whatever I want." What we eat has a direct effect on our health.  

I understand your pain, Debbi, and I hope that you can find a good measure of relief.  Check out the Wheat Belly blog (it will make you want to get the book) at http://www.wheatbellyblog.com/blog/ 

In the mean time try applying 1-2 drops of Wintergreen (dilute if covering a large area) on each knee then layer the same amount of White Fir over the Wintergreen, this will bring relief.  Many say that Lemongrass also provides relief.

Let us know how you're doing.

Dee




On Saturday, June 27, 2015 at 3:30:08 PM UTC-5, angeldreams4ever wrote:
  Hi guys,
             I have a question about pain relief if someone could please let me know...I have had severe pain for about 20 years from osteoarthritus in my knees and lower back and have resorted to NSAIDS and codeine over the years when I need a bit of relief. It is starting to affect my kidneys/liver and I need to do something. I have heard talk of the Deep Blue pills and saw something about a "morphine bomb" made from the oils but not sure which works better or is more effective and how often they could be taken. I am on BP meds and also a water pill of sorts and so not sure if they will intermix. What is the bomb made from? Anyone who has used these or can help, please do as I am desperate. Thanks ever so much and ya'll have a wonderful week-end.-Debbi

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Everything doTERRA" group.
To post to this group, send email to everythingdoterra@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
everythingdoterra+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://www.everythingdoterra.com
 
DO NOT REPOST EMAILS FROM THIS GROUP. ESPECIALLY WITH E-MAIL ADDRESSES INCLUDED . RE-POSTING TO A PUBLIC BLOG OR FORUM, MAKES THE CONTENT NON-COMPLIANT.
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Everything essential" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to Everythingessential+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to Everythingessential@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/Everythingessential.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment