Wednesday, November 10, 2010

[Everything doTERRA] Re: Allergic Reaction first day of taking GX Assist?

Yeah, I did take them all together at dinner... I wish the directions
on the bottle were a little more clear! Now in thinking about it
taking one per meal would make more sense. :) I am wondering though-
maybe I'm mildly allergic to clams and the GX made it more intense,
because everything I've read my symptoms were a true allergic reaction
(sweating, increased heart rate, throat swelling, eyes swelling,
itching, hives turned to a rash, etc). I think I'll back down to one
capsule a day and see what happens.

On Nov 10, 11:50 am, "Lisa Lehman" <lehmanfam...@charter.net> wrote:
> Well, it sounds like you took all 3 GX assist at once before dinner.  If
> that's the case, what happened doesn't surprise me.  You effectively cleared
> out your intestines in one dose and the reactions you had were to all the
> nasty things the GX assist let loose.  That's why you felt better once they
> were gone from your body.  When taking the GX assist, it would be better to
> take 1 pill with each of your 3 meals.  I think you can probably do 3 a day,
> just don't do them all at once.  If you're not sure, take the dinner pill
> the first day, if you don't have a problem, add the lunch pill the next day
> & so forth.  We find that the hardest GX assist to take is the one with
> breakfast because your stomach is the most empty then and there isn't as
> much food to "cushion" it's effects.
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: everythingdoterra@googlegroups.com
>
> [mailto:everythingdoterra@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Mrs. H
> Sent: Wednesday, November 10, 2010 12:21 PM
> To: Everything doTERRA
> Subject: [Everything doTERRA] Allergic Reaction first day of taking GX
> Assist?
>
> Here's the short version:
>
> I took the GX Assist (3 capsules) for my first time last night,
> followed immediately by dinner.  About half an hour after dinner, I
> had a pretty bad allergic reaction-throat swelling, eyes swelling,
> hives, and itching EVERYWHERE.
>
> Here's the long version:
>
> I am allergic to halibut.  I am gluten intolerant, but can handle it
> in small doses.  I have been drinking lots of water with lemon, and at
> times it helps the frequent headaches I have, but lately it has not
> helped.  I decided to start the GX Assist to help with what I suspect
> to be Candida issues.
>
> My dinner was a canned New England Clam Chowder.  I did add maybe 5
> saltines to the chowder for texture.  (Didn't have any gluten free on
> hand).  I drank 3 cups of lipton tea throughout the day (which is a
> lot for me, but it was helping my headaches).  Within half an hour of
> eating dinner, I noticed an itching to my throat, then realized I was
> itching all over. I recognized this early as an allergic reaction, and
> took two Bendryl.  The itching was HORRIBLE, and continued for about
> an hour.  At that point, on the advice of a friend who is a nurse, I
> took two more Bendryl, and took a bath with oatmeal to try to stop the
> itching.  It didn't work.  At about 1.5 hours after I had eaten, my
> body did an early dumping (watery, loose bowels) and then I threw up.
> I immediately felt better, the swelling had gone down, and the itching
> had stopped.
>
> Now, I know I could be allergic to clams, because this reaction is
> similar to what I have with halibut.  However, this was much worse
> than any reaction I've had to halibut, and I caught it earlier than I
> ever have.  Is it possible that the GX assist made the allergic
> reaction more pronounced?  Is there any reason I shouldn't continue
> with the GX assist?  I was thinking I would back off to 1 capsule a
> day instead of 3, just to be careful.  Any information would be
> helpful!!!
>
> Thanks!
>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
> Groups "Everything doTERRA" group.
> To post to this group, send email to everythingdoterra@googlegroups.com
> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> everythingdoterra+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
> For more options, visit this group athttp://www.everythingdoterra.com

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Everything doTERRA" group.
To post to this group, send email to everythingdoterra@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
everythingdoterra+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://www.everythingdoterra.com

No comments:

Post a Comment