Tuesday, January 19, 2010

[mompowergroup] Digest Number 286

Messages In This Digest (11 Messages)

1a.
Re: Help Mom"s in Haiti!!!! From: Cmdichmann@aol.com
1b.
Re: Help Mom"s in Haiti!!!! From: Magda Navarro
1c.
Re: Help Mom"s in Haiti!!!! From: Skye Blue
2a.
Re: Hi everyone! From: GC
3a.
Re: single mom From: withmommyshelp@yahoo.com
3b.
Re: single mom From: Claire Marketos
3c.
Re: single mom From: cathie karas
3d.
Re: single mom From: T M
4.
HI Karen from Louisiana here. From: karens.special1
5a.
Re: single mom Hi Leonor and Joy From: Mytz Castillo
6.
homemade From: ani

Messages

1a.

Re: Help Mom"s in Haiti!!!!

Posted by: "Cmdichmann@aol.com" Cmdichmann@aol.com   lilandandysmom

Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:31 am (PST)



Hello,

What you're doing is wonderful. My husband is flying out of Burlington,
VT tomorrow night. We have some baby clothes and some loose diapers left
over from my twins. Would that work?

Cristy

Mom to Lillian 12/2/99, Andersen 2/6/02, Harrison and Malcolm 6/18/04.


In a message dated 1/15/2010 9:42:19 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
travlnvixen@gmail.com writes:

I have been trying to post but my computer is acting up, so I apologize if
this post shows up twice.

I am a proud Mom to my DD (and found out today 2nd DD is on the way soon).
It breaks my heart to think of a helpless mother trying to care for her
child in the midst of this tragedy. I currently am working as a flight
attendant and am committed along with other co-workers, to do all that we can to
help. If anyone reading this msg would like to donate any baby supplies (
used and unused) food, diapers, clothes, first aid supplies. And can get
them to a major airport I am going to try a coordinate p/u's (w/i the US). to
go hopefully as soon as next week. I am in Atlanta but willing to travel.
plz contact me with any questions

1b.

Re: Help Mom"s in Haiti!!!!

Posted by: "Magda Navarro" navarrom39@yahoo.com   navarrom39

Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:40 am (PST)



Nyni where are you living?
Magda

--- On Sun, 1/17/10, Nyna <aem_aggie@yahoo.com> wrote:

From: Nyna <aem_aggie@yahoo.com>
Subject: [mompowergroup] Re: Help Mom"s in Haiti!!!!
To: mompowergroup@yahoogroups.com
Date: Sunday, January 17, 2010, 2:59 AM

 

Congratulations for the little one on the way!!

Thank you, thank you, thank you. Thank you so much for this. I have plenty of baby and toddler clothes that I'd like to donate and have been thinking about how I could get them down there.

Nyna
Helping Moms Achieve Their Goals and Dreams

--- In mompowergroup@ yahoogroups. com, "Carnivalqueen" <travlnvixen@ ...> wrote:
>
> I have been trying to post but my computer is acting up, so I apologize if this post shows up twice.
>
> I am a proud Mom to my DD (and found out today 2nd DD is on the way soon). It breaks my heart to think of a helpless mother trying to care for her child in the midst of this tragedy. I currently am working as a flight attendant and am committed along with other co-workers, to do all that we can to help. If anyone reading this msg would like to donate any baby supplies ( used and unused) food, diapers, clothes, first aid supplies. And can get them to a major airport I am going to try a coordinate p/u's (w/i the US). to go hopefully as soon as next week. I am in Atlanta but willing to travel. plz contact me with any questions
>

1c.

Re: Help Mom"s in Haiti!!!!

Posted by: "Skye Blue" fireferry@hotmail.com   fireferrybelle

Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:41 am (PST)



i have lots of clothes but more 4t/5t and 7/8. i have to much. sweaters are not ok...

Have a great day
Amy~

To: mompowergroup@yahoogroups.com
From: marthathomas84@yahoo.com

what about clothes for the not so little like the toddlers? I believe I have some blankets. The only Airport I can get to is Salisbury/ Ocean city Md airport. Its just a hub but I want to help so bad.

2a.

Re: Hi everyone!

Posted by: "GC" godscreation7@gmail.com   gc7ministry

Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:33 am (PST)



wow , thanks for this I shall have to try it, I am a radish eater thru and thru
----- Original Message -----
From: Vickie Washburn
To: mompowergroup@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Friday, January 15, 2010 8:52 AM
Subject: Re: [mompowergroup] Hi everyone!

I have something new for you gals. Have you tried cooking radishes? I am in a weightloss group that is eating low low carb and have recently found cooked radishes. You can shred them and make "hashbrowns" you can boil them and make mashed. You can slice them and make fried. They are Great! add onion, spices and they are a great low carb gluten free alternative and a great way to get kids to eat radishes and even adults. I don't like raw radishes as I don't like anything that is "hot" and radishes seem hot to me but I love them cooked. Just had some shredded ones with eggs for breakfast. So good!

3a.

Re: single mom

Posted by: "withmommyshelp@yahoo.com" withmommyshelp@yahoo.com   withmommyshelp

Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:34 am (PST)



Omg never be afraid to hang out with couples..they need you in their life too!

Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

-----Original Message-----
From: Lora G <freebird0511@yahoo.com>
My point is don't rely on others for your happiness or activities.There are many things to do alone that can be fun,rewarding and avenues to meeting new people.Taking a class is a great way to occupy your mind and socialize.

3b.

Re: single mom

Posted by: "Claire Marketos" claire@inspiredparenting.co.za   parentinginspired

Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:37 am (PST)



Hi Serenity

Not at all. Just keep your child away from your dates until you are sure
that your potential partner is there for keeps and will be a good father to
your child.

Good luck.

Best wishes

Claire Marketos

Parenting/Educational Consultant

www.inspiredparenting.co.za <outbind://36/www.inspiredparenting.co.za>

_____

From: mompowergroup@yahoogroups.com [mailto:mompowergroup@yahoogroups.com]
On Behalf Of Serenity Smith
Sent: 17 January 2010 12:54 AM
To: mompowergroup@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [mompowergroup] single mom

Hi Everyone!
My name is Serenity, and I am a single mother with a younger child. And I
was wondering do I have to wait until my little one is much older to even
think about dating?

--
This message has been scanned for viruses and
dangerous content by Pinpoint, and is
believed to be clean.

3c.

Re: single mom

Posted by: "cathie karas" cat_re04@yahoo.com   cat_re04

Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:38 am (PST)




Reply to:
Hi Everyone!
My name is Serenity, and I am a single mother with a younger child. And I was wondering do I have to wait until my little one is much older to even think about dating? 

Hi Serenity! I have a 2yo, and I  want to date. My problem is that I have no one to watch him. If you have family and friends in your support group, I'd say it's OK to date. But, never put the man a head of your child. i was raised by a single mom who went from guy to guy, always putting them first, and it really hurt. Some dating tips:
1. put your child first2. make sure your guy is honest, and is someone you'd want your child around3. don't introduce him to you child right away4. don't make him be the step "daddy" right away, if ever5. be safe (safe sex, ask your partner about stds, etc) 
Good Luck!

3d.

Re: single mom

Posted by: "T M" wwjdcutcy2@yahoo.com   littlemamaj08

Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:39 am (PST)



Serenity
i completely understand that q.. My boyfriend broke up w me when my daughter was a few mo old.. After she was 4 months old i met a guy we talked for a while n started dating my daughter loves him and is now attached he doesnt live w us but she sees him almost everyday.. For children at a young age if they get attached n the person they are attached leaves they start not trusting any1 so if you find some1 try taking it slow n think if this person is just going to be a fling or a long term.. Dating ishard but not having some support can be hard too.. Good luck and may God guide ur heart because the decision is urs just always remember everything u do ur baby is effected by.. I got lucky were getting married as soon as we can financially do it.. Please feel free to email 4me sometimes its nice just to share and talk w some1 who understands! wwjdcutcy2@yahoo.com i also need people to talk to about my relationship n such..
Ty
God bless every1
-----Original Message-----
Date: Sunday, January 17, 2010 6:48:24 a
To:m4ompowergroup@yahoogroups.com
From: "Serenity<serenity698us@serinityyahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [mompowergroup] single mom

Hi Everyone!
My name is Serenity, and I am a single mother with a younger child. And I was wondering do I have to wait until my little one is much older to even think about dating?

4.

HI Karen from Louisiana here.

Posted by: "karens.special1" karens.special1@yahoo.com   karens.special1

Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:35 am (PST)



And Hey who would have thunk that the Saints have won first time since I was 14 and their daddy manning was playing.. New Orleons/ I have a sinus infection from my sick friend. do have antib.'s to get today?
Yes Ms. Castillo please feel free to e-mail me to chat some time.
To the lady w mom in Haiti. I'll pray for you it has to be excrutiating.
I have been told that the Haitians are some of the strongest people in the world. that we need to take notes from them.as in recovering from problems.It's hard since everything was squashed and hadn't had an earth quake in 200 years. I knew that there would be a bottleneck at the ariport there. We had the same problem in New Orleans, and the gulf coast, but we only lost 1000? ppl. It's really hard to get coordinated but I think they are getting going on that.I don't live in n.o.
-----I didn't mention it before, but I am sick w/ fibromyalgia+. some days I can go, others I can't ride in car/pain. I begged god to be able to see my son get tob be 18 and I did. Now I'm alone, and have to do everything myself, cars aren't legal,(paperwork) but running.emerg.
----You all seem like a nice group. I'm in fibro group, but I can't tolerate fussy people. thank goodness I don't have babies. lol
---The 3 rd graders love me and that probably is my greatest gift.
they even cheered when the other teacher wasn't there. they spent more time on studies and no candy and we had a terrific time. just think.
I may be the only person who talks to them about God unless their parents do get them to church.wow
---My son had adhd,dyslexia, and anxiety disorders. This led me to isolation, asa I couldn'ttake him anywhere. When I was a tiger cub mom. he hated all forms of organized sports.so we started strangthening and survival skills in the woods.it has worked all these years. my mom taught me.It calmes us down to walk down a quiet path and see God's good works.little bitty flowers,dead trees harbor homes.
--- I have found that my parton saint Therese gives me everything I ask for. Unfortunately having had my fill of bad men, I just ask for peace and quiet.lol and just enough money to get by.lol
---- good luck ladies thankyou for listening. being a mom is the singlehardest job ever created,never ending, really fulfilling.
---Having been a very active person, I still have toys left over from last boyfriend.that I have to take care of. I thought that son would take an interest in them, but no. only me. I am selling stuff off dirt cheap one-by-one. thanks again, karen/ la /1

5a.

Re: single mom Hi Leonor and Joy

Posted by: "Mytz Castillo" mytz10@yahoo.com   mytz10

Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:38 am (PST)



To Leonor, Yes, I would be very glad to chat with you, We can get to know each other and who knows, you might be my long lost sister haha. Just kidding. Please add me, mytz10@yahoo.com
 
To Joy, I agree with you 100 per cent. We have a choice. However, no matter how I conditioned my mind, there are times that I cannot avoid feeling lonely especially after a long day of work when I go home to an empty house.
 
I raised my 2 daughters and struggled hard to send them to good schools. I never got tired of working and attending to their needs until they finished their courses. I enjoyed my hard life because I have a goal and that is to give my daughters a good future.
 
When they finished college and got their own jobs, most of the time they are out, if not at work, they are with friends and I understand that. Since I achieved my goal already, I didn't have to work hard anymore. That was the time when I realized that I also have my own life. I started socializing. I learned going on line and joined yahoo groups and found a group of single/separated women. We went out, sung in videoke, went to bars, travel, parties, etc. However, I came to a point when I got tired of doing those things.
 
I met an American guy and he became my boyfriend. I thought he was the answer to my prayers. Someone to grow old with. He came to the Philippines and I gave him shelter. He stayed here for one year but when he met young girls, he left me.
 
I then decided to spend more time with my old mother and relatives. They live away from my place.I live in the city and they live in the province. I spend my week ends with them. I even built a house near my mother's so I can have my own home in the province and be more comfortable. It's really tiring to travel every week ends, to and from the city but I enjoy being with my mother and sisters. Again, I found happiness and relaxation in my home province with my mom..... for a while.
 
One day, my mother had a mild stroke. She is 81 years old. Again, all my fears came back. When I look at the house that I built, I cannot help but feel bad. I spent a lot for that house to be  near my mother.
 
Yes, we have a choice but there are things that we are not really in control no matter how hard we tried.
 
  Mytz

--- On Sat, 1/16/10, Joy Buenafe <finijoy_b@yahoo.com> wrote:

From: Joy Buenafe <finijoy_b@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [mompowergroup] single mom
To: mompowergroup@yahoogroups.com
Date: Saturday, January 16, 2010, 4:28 AM

 

You can also be lonely even if you're with friends. We always have a choice. You can choose NOT to be lonely whether alone or with friends. How? Change your thoughts. While there is emptiness with separation, you can think of the good things you have done while they were with you.

And while your kids are with their dad's place, you could use that time to reward yourself for the good work you have done by devoting your time to your kids. Isn't it wonderful to treat yourself and give yourself a pat on the back for a job well done?!

Finally but not the least, in your free time, you can actually visit a sick friend or perhaps a long lost relative.

Life is too short to be lonely. So cheer up! Let's be thankful that we are alive!

Take care!

____________ _________ _________ __
From: Kathy De Leon <emmac819@yahoo. com>
To: mompowergroup@ yahoogroups. com
Sent: Fri, January 15, 2010 2:48:19 AM
Subject: Re: [mompowergroup] single mom

I think the point is, it's no fun by yourself.

6.

homemade

Posted by: "ani" witch00982@yahoo.com   witch00982

Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:38 am (PST)



yesterday i took a simple french bread recipe and added caraway seeds to it...hadn't made homemade bread in a while..it was yummy and so satisfying love ani

Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Yahoo! Groups

Mental Health Zone

Bi-polar disorder

Find support

Yahoo! Groups

Going Green

Find green

groups and tips

Yahoo! Groups

Cat Zone

Connect w/ others

who love cats.

Need to Reply?

Click one of the "Reply" links to respond to a specific message in the Daily Digest.

Create New Topic | Visit Your Group on the Web

No comments:

Post a Comment