Saturday, January 9, 2010

[mompowergroup] Digest Number 278

Messages In This Digest (8 Messages)

1a.
Re: How do YOU manage a home and fam.... From: Vickie Washburn
1b.
Re: How do YOU manage a home and fam.... From: mamavq
2a.
Re: HELLO! From: priyanka sharma
2b.
Re: HELLO! From: J
3a.
Re: food to five months old baby From: priyanka sharma
3b.
Re: food to five months old baby From: priyanka sharma
4.
How do I  help my son (7) cope with nightmares? From: Nandie
5.
looking for playdate ideas From: sarika8282

Messages

1a.

Re: How do YOU manage a home and fam....

Posted by: "Vickie Washburn" ickyscuba@yahoo.com   ickyscuba

Fri Jan 8, 2010 6:20 am (PST)



 I try to focus on one room each day and make sure it is in order. That usually doesn't take too long. Of course some rooms are daily no matter waht, kitchen for example but I do the thorough cleaning of the kit one day a week, The one area I just can't seem to get control of is my desk/office. It is suppose to be miy desk but everyone uses it and messes it up. It is the catch all for everyone. I want a secretary!

________________________________
From: Joy Pickens <lilyklink@yahoo.com>
To: mompowergroup@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Tue, January 5, 2010 10:43:41 AM
Subject: Re: [mompowergroup] How do YOU manage a home and fam....

 
I am not really on top of things but the book S. H. E., side tracked home executives helped of to at least have a path to shoot for. Joy in OK

On Mon Jan 4th, 2010 7:57 PM CST frendsrfun wrote:

>I am on a mission to be a better manager of my time/home and fam.
>Paperwork is always an issue. My floors are cleared and things aren't totally out of control.
>I just don't seem to know what to do when i have time to do it.
>Today I set a timer and cleaned the kitchen.... very satisfying.
>I have my own business and dread going through allllllllll the receipts to record them since I don't do it all year.
>Any and all input is welcome.
>Thanks
>

1b.

Re: How do YOU manage a home and fam....

Posted by: "mamavq" vjqualls@bellsouth.net   mamavq

Fri Jan 8, 2010 6:21 am (PST)



I don't do well with my mail either. I have found a way to do my laundry though without running back and forth to each room trying to put it all away.
I do two or three loads and fold each load as they dry. I fold them on the kithchen table and hang the ones that need. By the time my kids come home from school or before bed I have my kids and husband come into the kitchen and get all their clothes. This saves me time from running back and forth after each load and also gives me time to do other things. It also gives your kids and husband a chance to get in on the chores.
This weekend we will all make no plans and get some things done that has been put off. I am about to go in for major dental work and will be in the bed a few days. I usually don't have any pre-scheduled surgeries or go on trips if my house is in a mess. I know when I get home or feel better i will have to much to catch up on.
Just a small amount of advice, hope someone can use it.
I also am the one who keeps up with the credit card bills. I have a folder and printed off a paper for each month. I write in the due date, date it was paid, and how the payment was made "money order check etc." I lay out the bill that is due "10 days before due date" on the table beside the door and my husband takes it as he goes to work. He pays and keeps up with all other bills.

Hope this helps
Vanessa

--- In mompowergroup@yahoogroups.com, Cynthia Murdaugh <cmurdaugh03@...> wrote:
>
> Have a time schedule....start the New Year off with a calendar...plan things per day as many thinds as you would like to get accomplished in a day...but don't over do it. Try this and let me know how it goes the first week. By the way I have my own business, maybe i could help you get your books in order.
>  
> Cynthia Murdaugh
>
> (Moderator's note - please add your business info to our mom's dataabase: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/mompowergroup/database since we don't allow advertising in messages - thanks!)
> ________________________________
> From: frendsrfun <cndhop@...>
> To: mompowergroup@yahoogroups.com
> Sent: Mon, January 4, 2010 8:57:50 PM
> Subject: [mompowergroup] How do YOU manage a home and fam....
>
>  
> I am on a mission to be a better manager of my time/home and fam.
> Paperwork is always an issue. My floors are cleared and things aren't totally out of control.
> I just don't seem to know what to do when i have time to do it.
> Today I set a timer and cleaned the kitchen.... very satisfying.
> I have my own business and dread going through allllllllll the receipts to record them since I don't do it all year.
> Any and all input is welcome.
> Thanks
>

2a.

Re: HELLO!

Posted by: "priyanka sharma" sharma_priyanka007@yahoo.co.in   sharma_priyanka007

Fri Jan 8, 2010 6:20 am (PST)



HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL OF YOU

--- On Wed, 6/1/10, renuka rajan <bk_renukarajan@yahoo.com> wrote:

From: renuka rajan <bk_renukarajan@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [mompowergroup] HELLO!
To: mompowergroup@yahoogroups.com
Date: Wednesday, 6 January, 2010, 7:38 PM

 

Happy New Year to all of you too. Thank you
Best rgds
renuka malaysia
 
ps will not be available for the next two weeks. All the best to you all God bless you

From: che <che4jc@yahoo. ca>
To: mompowergroup@ yahoogroups. com
Sent: Monday, January 4, 2010 13:20:39
Subject: [mompowergroup] HELLO!

 

 HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL MOMS OUT THERE!
 
 

New Email addresses available on Yahoo!
Get the Email name you've always wanted on the new @ymail and @rocketmail.
Hurry before someone else does!

The INTERNET now has a personality. YOURS! See your Yahoo! Homepage. http://in.yahoo.com/
2b.

Re: HELLO!

Posted by: "J" triggerga@yahoo.com   triggerga

Fri Jan 8, 2010 6:22 am (PST)



Ditto

________________________________
From: renuka rajan <bk_renukarajan@yahoo.com>
To: mompowergroup@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Wed, January 6, 2010 9:08:47 AM
Subject: Re: [mompowergroup] HELLO!

Happy New Year to all of you too. Thank you
Best rgds
renuka malaysia

ps will not be available for the next two weeks. All the best to you all God bless you

________________________________
From: che <che4jc@yahoo. ca>
To: mompowergroup@ yahoogroups. com
Sent: Monday, January 4, 2010 13:20:39
Subject: [mompowergroup] HELLO!

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL MOMS OUT THERE!


________________________________
New Email addresses available on Yahoo!
Get the Email name you've always wanted on the new @ymail and @rocketmail.
Hurry before someone else does!


3a.

Re: food to five months old baby

Posted by: "priyanka sharma" sharma_priyanka007@yahoo.co.in   sharma_priyanka007

Fri Jan 8, 2010 6:22 am (PST)



hi again
u can start solid to ur son after 6mnths, breast feeding is gud for him, my daughter wz only on breast milk upto 6mnths and after that i started solid food to her.
 
priyanka

--- On Wed, 30/12/09, Banumathi <mathimsw1@yahoo.com> wrote:

From: Banumathi <mathimsw1@yahoo.com>
Subject: [mompowergroup] food to five months old baby
To: mompowergroup@yahoogroups.com
Date: Wednesday, 30 December, 2009, 3:59 AM

 

Hi

I am Banu,Now my son is five months old,I am not yet start the solid food,is it correct time to give solid food and what type of solid food i introduce first .Please help me

Regards
Banu

The INTERNET now has a personality. YOURS! See your Yahoo! Homepage. http://in.yahoo.com/
3b.

Re: food to five months old baby

Posted by: "priyanka sharma" sharma_priyanka007@yahoo.co.in   sharma_priyanka007

Fri Jan 8, 2010 6:24 am (PST)



HI BANU
M PRIYANKA, I HV READ UR PROBLEM OF FEEDING UR 5MNTHS OLD BABY..
WHY DONT U CHK babycentre.com IT WILL BE BENEFICIAL FOR U. M ALSO TAKING HELP FROM THAT.. ACTUALLY I HV 15MNTHS OLD BABY GIRL.
 
REGARDS
PRIYANKA

--- On Fri, 1/1/10, Banumathi K <mathimsw1@yahoo.com> wrote:

From: Banumathi K <mathimsw1@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [mompowergroup] food to five months old baby
To: mompowergroup@yahoogroups.com
Date: Friday, 1 January, 2010, 12:59 AM

 

Hi Julie

I got good information from you,thank you very much.I am going to start food to my baby.

Banu

____________ _________ _________ __
From: Julie Beagle <juliebbee@hotmail. com>
does your baby seem hungry with only liquid?  i started my 3 with rice cereal when they seemed ready.  i made it very thin to begin with, then gradually thickened it as they got used to it.  all babies are different.  my oldest needed solids early because he was so hungry and a very big baby.  the other 2 preferred breastfeeding.  i hope this helps a little.  
 
julie

 

The INTERNET now has a personality. YOURS! See your Yahoo! Homepage. http://in.yahoo.com/
4.

How do I  help my son (7) cope with nightmares?

Posted by: "Nandie" npaich@yahoo.com   npaich

Fri Jan 8, 2010 6:24 am (PST)



My son is a very emotional child, he takes live very serious and everything is a What if?. He started having nightmares and refuses to go to sleep at night unless I promise to sleep by him and stay there, I have tried getting up after he's fallen asleep, but he always wakes up. He can't remember his dreams, just that he was very scared. I don't allow him to watch scary movies and nothing major has happened which could upset him. Please help?

5.

looking for playdate ideas

Posted by: "sarika8282" sarika8282@yahoo.com   sarika8282

Fri Jan 8, 2010 6:26 am (PST)



hi!

i went to a playdate this morning with a friend who also has a 2 year old daughter. while our girls played together nicely (for the most part) for 2 hours, we started discussing how it would be nice to "do something" next time we met while the girls played. although it was nice to just have some adult conversation and chat, we really felt that it would be nice to chat while doing "something" at the same time, but we're just not sure what. maybe knit together? cook something fun? do a 1000 piece puzzle? does anyone have any ideas of what 2 or 3 moms could do while their kids played in the same or next room? it would have to be something fairly easy! thanks.

Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Yahoo! Groups

Mental Health Zone

Learn about issues

Find support

Yahoo! Groups

Going Green

Find green

groups and tips

Check out the

Y! Groups blog

Stay up to speed

on all things Groups!

Need to Reply?

Click one of the "Reply" links to respond to a specific message in the Daily Digest.

Create New Topic | Visit Your Group on the Web

No comments:

Post a Comment