Thursday, January 24, 2013

Re: [Everything doTERRA] Re: Animals

See what your anxious one thinks about Balance. I'd put some on your hands rub them together and go near and see what happens. They'll generally tell you what they need. Mine love balance. With a pet that size just rubbing your hands over their fur after putting it on your hands may be enough. Otherwise just swipe your pinky over the top of the bottle.
You can also muscle test like Emily suggested and even just try putting two bottles of different oils out until the dog seems to be attracted to one.
Check allergy dogs food. The first ingredient should be lamb or chicken (not meal or a grain) it should have no corn in it at all. Brown rice is okay. Most vets recommend Science Diet but it is horrible food (unless its changed from the last time I checked a bag). I don't know a single show dog owner that uses it. Stay away from grocery store ones. If you have a costco they have a good one. Petco/smart have good ones as well. She if she will tolerate the lavender. If she will a spray bottle with water and lavender can be soothing. Otherwise helichrysum.
There is a great Aromatherepy for animals book by Kristen Bell, I highly recommend it for all pet owners. And don't let anyone talk you into using melaleuca for dogs or cats.
gin
On 1/23/2013 5:15 AM, Teri wrote:

On Tuesday, January 22, 2013 7:17:23 PM UTC-5, Kathleen wrote:
I have 2 little Yorkies, one is afraid of EVERYTHING and has major anxiety, his vet wants to put him on anti-depressants but I can't do that, but I also don't feel his quality of life is what it could be.  What can I use to help him.  I tried letting him smell Lavender and he runs and won't come near me for about 30 minutes when he realized I actually didn't have the lavender bottle in my hand any longer.
 
My second dog has allergies, she scratches all the time, mostly her ears and neck.  Her vet has put her on benadryl but that sometimes makes her sick to her stomach plus it makes her spacey, which I'm sure she is, she's on drugs.  What can I try with her?

No comments:

Post a Comment