Tuesday, January 29, 2013

[Everything doTERRA] Re: Anxiety and depression in children.

Hello and welcome! 

My son is seven and has a lot of anxiety, sensory processing problems, and well... other things. I think you had a good recommendation.

A couple of weeks ago he was actually in tears at bedtime because he was thinking about the bad dreams he's been having lately. 

I recently got bergamont for him for the first time. I told him that I had an idea for a "good dreams" oil mix and would he like to give it a try. I threw together bergamont along with some vetiver and some marjoram. (When I was thinking about this earlier I had seen many people say that marjoram helped them sleep, and a few people it helped them stop having bad dreams.) His younger brother and I used it it too, and we slept great that night! I put it on his big toe. Now he asks me to "put it ALL OVER his foot". Considering he still doesn't want oil on him unless he deems it to be for a very good reason, I'd say it's working for him. I often also diffuse it during the night, if I'm not feeling like I need to be diffusing something else. 

I'd like to add that I think it's great if we can give our kids some choices of possible good oils, and let them be involved in thinking about what they like and deciding what to mix together. Perhaps they could even decide if they would like to use a roller bottle or a spray bottle and where they would like to put it. I think that things like this are very empowering for them (just like it is for us. :) )

I would love to hear more about what's working for your depression and SAD. I have had some friends ask me about SAD specifically. You wouldn't happen to be in the Northwest with me, would you???

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Everything doTERRA" group.
To post to this group, send email to everythingdoterra@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
everythingdoterra+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://www.everythingdoterra.com
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Everything essential" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to Everythingessential+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to Everythingessential@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/Everythingessential?hl=en.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment