Wednesday, January 23, 2013

[Everything doTERRA] Re: Healing infection under tooth / alternatives to root canal?

Thanks Pat. I've used just water with the OnGuard and haven't tried
the other oils yet and was curious.

On Jan 22, 9:07 am, Patricia Leavitt <doterradisco...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Yes, the coconut oil is antibacterial also. And you would have great
> discomfort not using a carrier oil due to the extreme heat of the essential
> oils.
>
> Pat
>
> On Tue, Jan 22, 2013 at 7:04 AM, Pat B. <pbset...@wowway.com> wrote:
> > Pat, Does the FCO play another role other than a carrier oil in this
> > situation? Can you do this "oil pull" without it?
> > thanks!
> > Pat B.
>
> > On Jan 21, 8:03 am, Patricia Leavitt <doterradisco...@gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> > > Oil pulling is placing the protocol in your mouth and very gently moving
> > it
> > > around. It kills bacteria, pulls out infection and generally is something
> > > that could be done daily for good mouth health.
> > > 2 tbsp fractionated coconut oil, 2 drops clove, 2 drops oregano, hold in
> > > mouth for 10 minutes, moving gently then spit.
>
> > > You can change the oils depending on what you are trying to do, for
> > > instance if you have had any mouth surgery or teeth extracted replace the
> > > clove with OnGuard. Do not use this protocol until the stitches have
> > > dissolved.
>
> > > Pat
>
> > > On Sun, Jan 20, 2013 at 9:41 PM, Mary McCabe <marymcc...@bellsouth.net
> > >wrote:
>
> > > > I am not familiar with the tern "oil pulling;" what does that mean?
>
> > > > On Friday, January 11, 2013 1:49:50 PM UTC-5, Naomi C wrote:
>
> > > >> I learn a lot from all of you -- thanks for your posts and replies to
> > > >> this group!
>
> > > >> I'm at that point where I need to determine whether to proceed with a
> > > >> root canal/tooth pull or continue to try to use the oils to heal and
> > avoid
> > > >> either of those things. I believe I've read through all the related
> > posts I
> > > >> could find on this group. (Tooth is a molar, 2nd from the back on the
> > lower
> > > >> left, wisdom teeth were pulled about 10 years ago.)  I'd like to share
> > > >> where I'm at and I love to hear any thoughts you have to share.
>
> > > >> I've been oil pulling with oregano/onguard (didn't have plain clove)
> > and
> > > >> that has helped manage my pain a lot over the last few weeks. Pain is
> > > >> intermittent and can feel just fine or really really bad at times.
> > > >> Honestly, I feel like I haven't been able to accomplish much else the
> > last
> > > >> couple of weeks because my day feels filled with managing and coping
> > with
> > > >> the pain.
>
> > > >> So anyway, I finally went in to the dentist on Saturday and we
> > determined
> > > >> that I had a cracked tooth and that I have been grinding my teeth a
> > lot.
> > > >> The grinding has probably been going on for quite awhile and I've
> > ordered a
> > > >> mouth guard through the dentist. I also bought a cheap drugstore
> > mouthguard
> > > >> to help in the meantime. I have had pain up all around my ear/jar and
> > down
> > > >> low in my jaw under the tooth.
>
> > > >> Dentist was hoping to avoid a root canal, based on the pain that I'm
> > > >> feeling/not feeling when he puts some pressure on my teeth. However,
> > after
> > > >> the temporary crown was done on Monday, and the numbing wore off, it
> > hurt
> > > >> really really really bad. I wasn't expecting that and I wasn't home
> > -- when
> > > >> I realized what was happening you can expect I got home as fast as I
> > could
> > > >> to get my oils on it!!
>
> > > >> I had him look at it again on Wednesday and he reseated the crown. I
> > told
> > > >> him I'd been oil pulling with clove and oregano (I just shortened
> > onguard
> > > >> to clove for the time because I figured he would know about clove and
> > it
> > > >> was quickest to explain.) He was glad that was helping and he
> > actually used
> > > >> temporary cement that included clove in it when he reseated the
> > temporary
> > > >> crown! We discussed my ongoing pain and he expected that if I was
> > still
> > > >> having problems, the hairline crack had reached a nerve and that
> > would be
> > > >> trouble. Neither of us have used the words "root canal" yet but we
> > were
> > > >> through this process on another tooth about a year ago. (I was just
> > > >> starting to learn about the oils then.)
>
> > > >> So -- I am currently trying things like Marjoram, Deep Blue, and Past
> > > >> Tense on my jaw to ease the tension and I believe that is helping. I
> > am
> > > >> using a cheap mouthguard at night for now and that seems to be
> > helping. I'm
> > > >> oil pulling and that seems to be helping. My sister is bringing some
> > clove
> > > >> oil later this morning.
>
> > > >> However, I slept though the night last night finally without any oil
> > > >> pulling or treatment of any kind, and after about 30 minutes, while
> > > >> swishing lukewarm water in my mouth -- PAIN!!!  I had to ask my
> > husband to
> > > >> get to work late and help me get the kids off to school, and I was in
> > bad
> > > >> shape for about 15 minutes. I think I must have put about 20 straight
> > drops
> > > >> on OnGuard in that section of my mouth and I was feeling much better
> > within
> > > >> 5-10 minutes. I really NEED to be able to function and be more
> > productive
> > > >> during the day, but I sure would like to avoid a root canal or
> > extraction
> > > >> if possible (avoiding more trauma in my mouth and the expense!!).
> > I've been
> > > >> hoping that if it's a hairline crack I have a better chance of healing
> > > >> it/fighting the infection.
>
> > > >> I have been taking 1/2 to a full dose of LLV the last couple of
> > months.
> > > >> I'm going to start taking an onguard/oregano(clove?) capsule every few
> > > >> hours and keep up with the oil pulling. I'm going to take a full dose
> > of
> > > >> the Mito@Max as well. I've just started to do a couple of Trim Shakes
> > > >> and day.
>
> > > >> What I'm trying to decide is -- is it time for me to suck it up and
> > get a
> > > >> dental procedure done, or is there reasonable hope for me to manage
> > the
> > > >> pain better and heal the underlying problem over the next 10 days or
> > so?
> > > >> Right now I'm finally caught up on rest and I'm having no pain. I
> > have just
> > > >> been able to swish water and drink a trim shake with no pain.
>
> > > >> Is there anything else I can be doing to try to heal the actual crack
> > in
> > > >> my tooth?
> > > >> How do you think  that DDR Prime might help in all of this? (I don't
> > have
> > > >> any right now, but I'll try to get some if it can help specifically.
> > Money
> > > >> is tight or I would have ordered it already.)
>
> > > >> So -- sorry for all the tedious details. I hope they prove to be
> > useful.
> > > >> :)
>
> > > >> Naomi
>
> > > >>  --
> > > > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
> > > > Groups "Everything doTERRA" group.
> > > > To post to this group, send email to
> > everythingdoterra@googlegroups.com
> > > > To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> > > > everythingdoterra+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
> > > > For more options, visit this group at
> > > >http://www.everythingdoterra.com
> > > > ---
> > > > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
> > Groups
> > > > "Everything essential" group.
> > > > To post to this group, send email to
> > Everythingessential@googlegroups.com.
> > > > To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> > > > Everythingessential+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
> > > > Visit this group at
> > > >http://groups.google.com/group/Everythingessential?hl=en.
> > > > For more options, visithttps://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
>
> > > --
> > > PAT LEAVITT
> > > FOUNDING DIAMOND CONSULTANT
>
> > --
> > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
> > Groups "Everything doTERRA" group.
> > To post to this group, send email to everythingdoterra@googlegroups.com
> > To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> > everythingdoterra+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
> > For more options, visit this group at
> >http://www.everythingdoterra.com
> > ---
> > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> > "Everything essential" group.
> > To post to this group, send email to Everythingessential@googlegroups.com.
> > To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> > Everythingessential+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
> > Visit this group at
> >http://groups.google.com/group/Everythingessential?hl=en.
> > For more options, visithttps://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
>
> --
> PAT LEAVITT
> FOUNDING DIAMOND CONSULTANT

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Everything doTERRA" group.
To post to this group, send email to everythingdoterra@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
everythingdoterra+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://www.everythingdoterra.com
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Everything essential" group.
To post to this group, send email to Everythingessential@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to Everythingessential+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/Everythingessential?hl=en.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

No comments:

Post a Comment