Thursday, January 24, 2013

[Everything doTERRA] Re: Animals

I havent had luck with a Thunder shirt for my dog, but I know a lot of people that have had amazing results! My boyfriend's Golden is terrified (hides in the basement and shakes in fear) of thunderstorms and the Thunder shirt has helped SO much! I'm sure they make Yorkie-sized ones.

I also agree with the other person that mentioned about what food you are feeding. Just about anything from a grocery store is no good for your dog. I had the same issue wit my dog, he was chewing his fur off and creating sores all over himself and Benadryl and anything else the vet gave us didnt help. I finally did some more research and switched him to Natures Variety Instinct Limited Ingredient Diet (they have 3 protein sources, a duck one, lamb one, and turkey one and my dog does well on all of them, I like to switch every so often to give him something different) and within a week he was a different dog. There are other quality grain free foods out there also, and you are lucky, with just a Yorkie it shouldnt cost much, my dog is 50lbs with a high metabolism and goes through food like crazy. I would 100% recommend looking at diet if you hadn't already and don't feed Science Diet!! Its overpriced doggie junk food!

Also with a Yorkie be very careful if you use any Frontline or flea products, they can cause all sorts of skin and neurological reactions and Yorkies are very sensitive to strong chemicals like that. I know a lot of people that have stopped Frontline and all sorts of bizarre behaviours in their dogs have stopped.

That said, oil wise Clary sage, Franki, lavender and peppermint are all good ones. my dog LOVES his peppermint massages. Franki on his paws is also calming or a spritz of clary sage and Lavender mix on his bed when I leave for the day. (I use the same spritz to get myself to sleep!)


On Tuesday, January 22, 2013 7:17:23 PM UTC-5, Kathleen wrote:
I have 2 little Yorkies, one is afraid of EVERYTHING and has major anxiety, his vet wants to put him on anti-depressants but I can't do that, but I also don't feel his quality of life is what it could be.  What can I use to help him.  I tried letting him smell Lavender and he runs and won't come near me for about 30 minutes when he realized I actually didn't have the lavender bottle in my hand any longer.
 
My second dog has allergies, she scratches all the time, mostly her ears and neck.  Her vet has put her on benadryl but that sometimes makes her sick to her stomach plus it makes her spacey, which I'm sure she is, she's on drugs.  What can I try with her?

Thanks,
Kathleen

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Everything doTERRA" group.
To post to this group, send email to everythingdoterra@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
everythingdoterra+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://www.everythingdoterra.com
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Everything essential" group.
To post to this group, send email to Everythingessential@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to Everythingessential+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/Everythingessential?hl=en.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment