Friday, July 30, 2010

[Everything doTERRA] Re: Books for Animals

So I have a couple more questions.

Just to test for myself what I've been reading about how to know which
oil to use for your pet, I took all my oils out and opened the lids
for my puppy to smell. I don't have very many yet so this didn't take
long. There were 3 that she acted like "I like this but its not what I
am needing right now." She really liked the Geranium and she LOVED the
Thyme.

I then placed them down to see which one she perfered the most. She
kept trying to lick both bottles, but she actually bit down on the
Thyme as if to say "I want this one." I was trying to decide if I
should give her both or alternate through out the day.

I wanted to see how she would act to the combination of the two, so I
then decided to put half a drop of Geranium on my finger and see how
she would react. She started wagging her tail and got really excited,
but seemed a little hesitant. I tried to put it on her paw and she
yanked away (she never yanks away.) However, as soon as I brought my
finger to her nose she calmed right now and licked it off.

I then tried the Thyme. Half a drop on my finger. This time she was
REALLY excited about it. She did not want it on her paw, but she would
not lick my finger. Instead she just sat by me for a few minutes and
sniffed and breathed it in. I could actually hear her breathing it in.
Then a few minutes later she laid down at my feet.

I don't think she liked the combination so later today I will see
which one she seems to perfer and just use the one. I only did half a
drop for each because I did not want to give her too much at one time.
Later I will try one drop of whichever one I use.

So, my questions are this and really I am just looking for
clarification that I am reading into this correctly since I am so new
to this. I consider myself a fast learner, but I also like to make
sure I am doing things right.

1. Since she licked the Geranium but did not want it on her paw, is it
safe to say I should just put some on my finger and let her lick it
off? Also, could I put it in her food/water and it would be just fine
or would that be a bad idea?

2. With the Thyme, I am guessing diffusing would be the best option
for her since all she wanted to do was sniff it and breath it in. I
don't have a diffuser so any ideas on how to diffuse it for her?

thanks.

On Jul 30, 11:33 am, JRW <silverdis...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Are there any essential oil books specifically for animals, similar to
> the Modern Essentials book?
>
> My puppy has some digestive issues and now has diaherra. Not sure what
> to do about it but I'll see if she likes any of the oils I have so
> maybe something will help.
>
> I've been reading about letting the dog smell the oil before using it
> and if they walk away don't use it. I tried this with Lavender, she
> walked away. I pulled her back to have her check out the bottle
> (usually once we make her check out whatever is causing her anxiety
> she does okay, but she ran away (when she runs off after checking it
> out we don't force her back.)
>
> However, when I placed a drop on my hand and put the bottle away she
> licked my hand. So, with her is it just too strong in the bottle but
> on my hand she's okay with it? Just want to make sure I am
> understanding this correctly. She doesn't like it put on her nose, but
> she will let me put it on her paws and sometimes will even roll on her
> back for me to rub it on her tummy.
>
> I also opened Terra Shield infront of her and she freakin' knocked me
> over to get to the bottle! When I apply it on me I have to wait an
> hour and half before going near her or she will seriously try to eat
> me for lunch.
>
> She is an 8 month old Australian Shepherd and "tall" for her age.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Everything doTERRA" group.
To post to this group, send email to everythingdoterra@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
everythingdoterra+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://www.everythingdoterra.com

No comments:

Post a Comment