Thursday, May 29, 2014

[Everything doTERRA] Re: Oils for Type 1 Diabetes

So...I've have been awake and pissed/concerned for Lydia since about 2:45 AM. For some reason I woke up (since both kids usually sleep through the night now!!!)...but tonight I woke up with a heavy heart that I should check on Lydia. She went to bed at 185, which is a bit low for going 10 hours without food and since she's been getting to breakfast at 77.

Anyway - I went in to check her. She was 309!!!!!!! I restarted the BG meter and checked her again...still 309. I've been told not to correct her overnight - so I didn't. And since I haven't been correcting her overnight when using oils, I didn't know if this was ok or if she was going to wake up high. So, I let it go.

7:40 AM: She woke up and walked into our room. This is a usual occurrence. I checked her blood again - 328!!!!!!!!!!!!! WTF! I checked for an occlusion - NOPE. I checked to see if she was out of insulin (since we didn't give them baths like we should have last night, we didn't change her site either - so this is Day 3 on the same site) - she still has 20 units of insulin. WTF!

So - because breakfast isn't until 8:30 and correcting at 7:45 is pointless because that would compromise her breakfast number and give her duplicated insulin (and since she's been so low for lunch...I didn't want to duplicate insulin in the morning). I let her reading ride and reached for the Coriander Oil instead. I put 1 drop of Coriander Oil on each foot and rubbed it over the entire foot and then put her socks back on.

I got Charlotte ready - dressed and gave her a bottle to tide her over. About 10 min later at 8:04, I checked her BG again - 303! She's going down!!!

I showered and got dressed. I changed Lydia and got her ready. I did Coriander Oil again, like our routine goes, and put her socks back on. By 8:34 we were at the breakfast table and I took her reading again - 249!!!!!!!!!!! Down almost 80 points in 45 min! Now...I realize that she got her 8:00 AM basal insulin, which is .1 unit...but she's been getting .1 unit every hour on the hour over night....and she rose from 185 at 10:30 PM to 328 at 7:45 AM.

Hindsight is ALWAYS 20/20 right!?? As I look back at our routine last night - I rushed the layering of the two oils. I put the 1.5 drops of Coriander Oil on her as usually - rubbing in until dry, focusing on her arches. But then added the 1 drop of On Guard almost immediately instead of letting the Coriander Oil set in (about 10 min). This must be the cause of the high numbers because every thing else is constant. Lesson learned!

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Everything doTERRA" group.
To post to this group, send email to everythingdoterra@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
everythingdoterra+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://www.everythingdoterra.com
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Everything essential" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to Everythingessential+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to Everythingessential@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/Everythingessential.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment