Thursday, May 29, 2014

[Everything doTERRA] Re: Oils for Type 1 Diabetes

Day 12 of Essential Oils - (Just a side note, I missed counted the days. Yesterday was officially Day 12)

Still doing karate kicks  The night before I did the Combo Oil Routine - layering first with 1.5 drops of Coriander Oil...letting that dry...and then putting On Guard on top of that. I focus the Coriander Oil in the arches of her feet, but I spread On Guard Oil all over the bottoms of her feet.

This is the second time for the Combo Routine and the second time she's gotten to the breakfast table at 8:30 at a BG reading of 77! She ate 8g of milk + 10g of toast and butter + 15g of vanilla yogurt = 33g of carbs for breakfast. That's about 9g of carbs than she usually eats.

At about 11:45 she was seemed tired and aloof. She was whispering to us that she was sad. I thought she was being dramatic, like she just learned what sad meant and was acting it out. After my mom left she came up to our room as I finished up some web work and she just laid down beside me quietly. I turned to her and asked if she was hungry, she said "no". I left it alone. She wasn't wiggling, like usual, so I asked her again if she wanted a bottle, she said, "no". So finally - I looked at her eyes. Her pupils were dilated and she wasn't focusing on my face. So I asked what she wanted and she said, "I want to eat." DUH! I just didn't use the right words.

So we went down to the table and I took her lunch BG reading - 53!!!!!!!!!!! Way too low. SO....I jumped to it with a bottle and her typical lunch (1/2 piece of toast, string cheese stick, turkey, pickle and this time 2 cookies and 6g of raisins). Now - when you use a pump, it warns you not to "bolus" (meaning give a food correction insulin) until the blood sugar has gotten to a normal level. So I left out 6g of carbs from her food count to allow her BG level to normalize. WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

At 4:40 she was cranky and screaming and, well, just plain mean. I checked her BG level and she was in the mid 200s! She wanted a bottle, so I gave her one as I prepared sauce, pasta and meatballs for dinner. 

We ate dinner at about 5:45 and her BG reading was 280!!!! She still had active insulin in her system, so I knew it would come down again...but these highs were because of those darn RAISINS! SO - she ate 42g of pasta and 1 meatball and 8g of milk = 50g of carbs for dinner. Which is A LOT! But that's what happens with pasta.

Snack time was great and back to normal at 175. She had her 8g of milk and by the time we went to sleep she was back at 185 before bed. All great and normal numbers.

I did the Coriander and On Guard Oils combo again...but like I said, I didn't wait for the Coriander Oil to set in before I layered on the On Guard. I didn't even wait 5 min...it was practically immediately. Her feet were dry...but the Coriander Oil just hadn't settled in.

In the middle of the night I checked her at 2:45 - 309!!! When she woke at 7:45 she was 328!!!!!!!!!! The rest of the report will be on Day 13....

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Everything doTERRA" group.
To post to this group, send email to everythingdoterra@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
everythingdoterra+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://www.everythingdoterra.com
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Everything essential" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to Everythingessential+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to Everythingessential@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/Everythingessential.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment