Friday, July 24, 2015

[Everything doTERRA] Re: Home Made Natural Sunscreen With Red Rasberry or Carrot Seed Oil.

I spent an hour and a half at the beach yesterday and had mixed results. Let me start by saying I already have a base tan on my arms, chest and face and I have been out in the sun way longer than 1.5 hours with no sunscreen on in the past and sometimes you can't even tell I've been outside and I don't burn easily.

My chest got red as well as did my arms. They are both already tan to begin with so I was surprised. My legs and stomach, which aren't tan, were fine as was my face which is also already tan. My recipe was simply 1 cup of coconut oil, 4 dropperfuls (approx 30 drops per) of red raspberry seed oil and 5 drops of eucalyptus. I will definitely need to tweak the recipe and perhaps add some other ingredients that have SPF qualities. I really wondering what affect ingesting citrus oils has had on my sensitivity to the sun, especially given the fact that before I knew anything about EOs, sometimes I'd go out in the sun without any sunscreen and sometimes wouldn't get as much as a tan line and I don't usually burn easily. I drink water all day long and if I had to guesstimate the number of drops (between lime, grapefruit, and lemon) I consume on any given day, I'd probably say 6-10 depending. A friend of mine said she was in Florida wearing 45 SPF sunscreen and she got burned so it definitely makes me go "hmmmmm."  Maybe it has no affect or maybe there's something to it. Anyway, back to the lab.... =)

On Tuesday, July 21, 2015 at 6:47:07 AM UTC-4, Elisabeth wrote:
How did it work out for you?

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Everything doTERRA" group.
To post to this group, send email to everythingdoterra@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
everythingdoterra+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://www.everythingdoterra.com
 
DO NOT REPOST EMAILS FROM THIS GROUP. ESPECIALLY WITH E-MAIL ADDRESSES INCLUDED . RE-POSTING TO A PUBLIC BLOG OR FORUM, MAKES THE CONTENT NON-COMPLIANT.
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Everything essential" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to Everythingessential+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to Everythingessential@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/Everythingessential.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment