Sunday, January 12, 2014

[Everything doTERRA] Re: Nursing new baby, can she use Slim & Sassy products?

Thanks for this info!  I am hoping to enter the Slim and Sassy contest and have a 7 mo old that I'm nursing now.  As others have written, I'll have to see how the peppermint affects my milk supply.  I'll know when to decrease or even cease it's use if something bad happens.  Thanks again!

-Rene'

On Tuesday, September 25, 2012 10:55:54 PM UTC-6, JSimmer wrote:
Here is a communication that went between myself and Dr. Hills office regarding this topic.. I hope that you find it helpful.  I did start on the slim and sassy as a nursing mother and did not have any problems with my milk supply
 
My email to Dr. Hill:
I would like some clarifying information from a webinar with Justin Harrison on December 20th.  When discussing Slim And Sassy the question was asked of Justin Harrison if nursing mothers should use the product.  His recommendation is no, they should not because of the large amount of peppermint used in the blend.  He then went on to say that peppermint is a great topical oil for nursing mothers, but not internal use because it can decrease and shut down lactation.  How does it affect lactation differently with topical vs. internal?  My upline says that she has never heard of any nursing moms who have had trouble on the slim and sassy.  I am a nursing mother of a 5 month old.. and am eagerly wanting to try the product!  I was hoping to start it in January, but may hold off because I don't want to mess up my milk supply.

 

The response:

I apologize for the delayed response with the holidays.  To help clarify I have spoken with Dr. Hill regarding your email.  There was a discrepancy in what Justin Harrison taught on his webinar and what we generally recommend so we apologize for that.  We have great confidence in Justin, but want to clarify on Slim & Sassy use.  We have never had any issues reported for lactating women using Slim & Sassy.  When using peppermint as an individual oil there have been rare occurrences in some women of affecting lactation, not necessarily with doTERRA oils, but in the general literature search.  When essential oils are blended it changes the chemistry and the peppermint in Slim & Sassy is active in helping metabolism.  Taking Slim & Sassy internally is a great option as well as topically and you can use both methods with confidence. 

We apologize for the misunderstanding and hope this helps clarify!



--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Everything doTERRA" group.
To post to this group, send email to everythingdoterra@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
everythingdoterra+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://www.everythingdoterra.com
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Everything essential" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to Everythingessential+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to Everythingessential@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/Everythingessential.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

No comments:

Post a Comment