Friday, March 30, 2012

[Everything doTERRA] Re: home made bean bags/hot packs

Hi All!
Thanks for all the fabulous ideas!!!!! Also in my search I found this
too, if you are interested. web.archive.org/web/20080531122731/
http://diamondthreadworks.com/microwave_heating_bags.htm
Tammy

On Mar 30, 9:58 am, Victoria Rios-Furlow
<victoria.riosfur...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi guys!
>
> I am so glad that you like the Cherry Pit idea.  I love them.  Shipping is
> a bear, but worth it.  LOL
>
> I haven't had any problems with bugs.  We have loads of bugs in Maryland -
> small, big, nice, not so nice, ugly and pretty - but nothing seems to be
> attracted to the pits.  I've had my bag open for a couple of months now and
> the smell of cherry's is still strong but still, no bugs.  :0)
>
> ~ Victoria
> On Fri, Mar 30, 2012 at 9:40 AM, Heather in AK <doterr...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> > Thank you for sharing your source for buying your cherry pits.  They
> > say there bags can even go through the washer & dryer and they will
> > also hold the cold for up to an hour too. How very cool!
> > I've made similar bags from barley, rice, & pintos.
>
> > Do cherry pits never go bad or attract bugs?  Never had bug problems
> > with mine but there arn't a lot of bugs in Alaska.
>
> > Heather from AK
> > In WA
>
> > On Mar 29, 8:12 pm, Janet <quilterja...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > I've made a bijillion corn bags.  Here's how:  I use flannel fabric.  I
> > buy
> > > my 'feed' corn at an IFA or farm feed/supply store.  I paid $15 or less
> > for
> > > 50 lb bag.  The trick is... you have a 'cure' the corn because it will
> > have
> > > bugs and such in it.  I pile it on a cookie sheet or two and put it in
> > the
> > > oven on low for about 10 hours or overnight.  This will make your
> > electric
> > > bill go UP, because by the time you do 50#'s it takes a couple days.
> >  Then
> > > you can get the dust and broken pieces out of it.  I sew it into the bag.
> > > I don't use a pillow case or cover.  My family has been doing this for
> > > about a decade and haven't had them "go bad".    The only reason mine
> > get's
> > > dirty is because I set it on something in the microwave.  I figure I
> > could
> > > cut one open and put it in a new bag.  The corn lasts forever!  There is
> > > ONE problem... if you aren't using the corn and let it sit, make sure you
> > > still cure it cuz... it will get beetles/bugs eventually, like about a
> > year
> > > later.  NOT GOOD.  I'm in UT so it's dry here & not humid... that may be
> > a
> > > new & different problem.  I don't put any oils on the bag ever, only on
> > my
> > > skin.  I use my corn bags almost daily... I have naturally COLD feet and
> > > sleep w/ one for feet or for sore hip, etc.  I heat mine for 1-1 1/2 min.
> > > It won't pop cuz it's feed corn, not pop corn.  I've sold them for $5 a
> > > piece but
>
> > > So after all this, I hope I answered it all on this subject.  If not...
> > > please let me know I'll tell all to help you.  Now I want to try the
> > cherry
> > > pit thing!  Sounds intriguing doesn't it? Thanks you guys ... for
> > > everything you do & help with.  Janet
>
> > > On Wednesday, March 28, 2012 3:33:38 PM UTC-6, tammy wrote:
>
> > > > Hello fellow oilers, I wanted to make several sizes of bean bags (like
> > > > the one at christmas that came with lavendar) to use on diff parts of
> > > > the body to help drive oils in.  I wanted to keep them warm in a crock
> > > > pot/ roaster type container. What "things" should I put in it? Thanks
> > > > in advance.
>
> > --
> > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
> > Groups "Everything doTERRA" group.
> > To post to this group, send email to everythingdoterra@googlegroups.com
> > To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> > everythingdoterra+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
> > For more options, visit this group at
> >http://www.everythingdoterra.com

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Everything doTERRA" group.
To post to this group, send email to everythingdoterra@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
everythingdoterra+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://www.everythingdoterra.com

No comments:

Post a Comment