Sunday, May 1, 2011

[Everything doTERRA] Re: post labor...bleeding and fundal checks

I had my 5th child at home last summer. Here's a quick run down of
what I do:
I typically take black current seed oil before labor & drink a tea my
midwives make. It's main ingredient is stinging nettle.
I take lots of baths & usually deliver in the water.
I drink a couple of drops of liquid chlorophyll after the birth.
I used oils for the first time with the last child. I used basil,
clary sage, helichrysum, & geranuim. I put them on my belly & perinium
everyday for the last 2 weeks before delivery.
I use homeopathic arnica tabs after delivery while nursing because the
cramping is so bad when I begin to nurse. I'm told that it is common
for the cramps to become harder with each child. The arnica tabs work
wonders & take all the pain away for me.
I also drink the stinging nettle tea a few weeks afterward. It tastes
nasty to me but I do it because it is good for me.

I do not do the fundal massage. My cramping after the birth is worse
than the contractions during labor so needless to say it is very
difficult for anyone to get near me to mash on my uterus. They would
endanger their lives if they tried.
The most interesting thing this birth is that I only bled for 2 weeks
after the birth. My midwives think it may be due to the geranuim oil.

I also used oils on my baby boy this time too. I used what was
suggested in the Modern Essentials book.

Best of luck to you & God Bless,
Jess

On Apr 29, 2:49 pm, srsioajn <srsio...@gmail.com> wrote:
> So I'm new, and 38 weeks pregnant.  My most negative experience with
> my last baby was the fundal checks and massage.  This is my 6th baby,
> and I was told last time that after this many it's harder for the
> uterus to get back to size....higher risk for blood clots and
> hemorrhaging.  Thus, excruciating fundal massage....kneading to the
> spine.
>
> I was wondering what I might try that would help alleviate "after
> pains" in general.  Also, post labor bleeding.  Maybe that would
> lessen the need for hospital staff to do so much of this fundal
> massage stuff?

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Everything doTERRA" group.
To post to this group, send email to everythingdoterra@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
everythingdoterra+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://www.everythingdoterra.com

No comments:

Post a Comment