Anyway, this is exactly what I needed. I know you can't advise medically, but if you were in my shoes, how long would you treat this even asymptomatically? My son says that (again, this is about 4 weeks old now) the area still itches a tad but he never mentions it unless I am touching it and I ask him.
Also, the only other thing I have noticed is that he has gotten a few pimples on his scalp and some around one of his calves which I have never noticed him getting before. He also had a really bad bout w/ allergies (hay fever) after the tick bite.
I am willing to do what I need to do for him. I'd rather not spend the money, of course, but he is worth it.
I will also think about adding in the Chinese herb blend as well for as long as you think I should go 'til I feel the "all clear".
Thanks so much! I am now in the 2nd course of the internal oils which Dr. Hill recommended and then I will do the external use for 2 weeks which I forgot to do the 1st time around. Thanks so much again for any help you can give.
On Sunday, June 17, 2012 6:49:36 PM UTC-4, Janice B. wrote:
-- On Sunday, June 17, 2012 6:49:36 PM UTC-4, Janice B. wrote:
Well, I might as well as in my two cents, as well...I lived in Loudoun County, Va., up until 8 months ago. I contracted Lyme there, and there's a good chance my son did, too, but he wasn't symptomatic until another tick bite last fall. Loudoun is the number 2 fastest-growing county in the U.S. for new Lyme disease cases. Some call it Ground Zero for the mid-Atlantic region.
I'd been sick for 20+ years with what I think was a Babesia infection from India. I think I then contracted Lyme in 2009, and I think my immune system was compromised from a H1N1 vaccine, which allowed the Lyme to emerge. I was misdiagnosed for another 10 months, at which time I began an aggressive program with antibiotics, nutritional supplements and herbals. After 18 months, I wouldn't say I was improved, but I was making progress. I hope that makes sense. Anyway, as anyone who has had Lyme, or loves someone who has, knows, once you begin to learn about Lyme disease, you become an expert. You have to because your treatment and health will be directly affected by the physician you choose and by the drugs you choose. There are many complicating factors to recovering from Lyme disease, including co-infections, the Lyme diagnostic and treatment controversies, the spectrum of treatment protocols, the Lyme Borrelia intelligence and forms that make treatment tricky, and the list goes on from there.
I was introduced to Doterra through a friend to treat my symptoms of Lyme. I, of course, loved them, but I doubted their ability to treat Lyme disease effectively. After all, if Lyme was so stealthy it outran even the most lethal of antibiotics, how could essential oils kill it? I also wasn't sure the protocol would effectively kill all the various types of co-infections (from bacterial to parasitic to viral to microbial). I co-presented a class on Lyme disease over the winter. I taught the Lyme portion, and another wonderful woman in my upline taught the Doterra portion. WOW. I was sold. I knew, I KNEW, these could treat my Lyme disease.They did everything they needed to do...they oxygenated the cells to aid in mitochondrial support, they broke up biofilms, they busted through cysts, they crossed the blood-brain barrier! They killed bacteria, viruses, parasites and microbes! They provided detox organ support! They provided immune support! They are God-given, truly.
So, back to Lyme. I agree with everything Darcie said, and I would reiterate that it does NOT matter how long a tick was attached, disease transmission may have occurred, and you should treat as such. From an oil protocol perspective, do not just treat the bite site. You should take internally, as well, and I would continue treatment for several months as recommended by Dr. Hill. When Lyme is attacked w/antibiotics, it morphs into a cyst to protect itself. It will stay there, protected, until it gets the 'all clear.' Then it re-emerges ready to destroy. Lyme disseminates QUICKLY. My son was bitten and became symptomatic within a week, and rashes began forming within 1.5 weeks. He was put on Amoxicillin within 8 hours of rashes forming, and he's now entering his 8th month of treatment with a wonderful Lyme-literate doctor in Maryland who uses everything from antibiotics to herbals to essential oils to treat. You cannot wait to treat. Not even one week. EVERY TICK BITE SHOULD BE CONSIDERED POTENTIAL LYME DISEASE. Start the protocol immediately, and stay on it, as recommended by Dr. Hill. The only good defense against Lyme is to catch it early and treat it aggressively. Otherwise, your life may very well be dramatically changed forever.
So how can we use essential oils to help people with Lyme? 1) Lyme doctors are EXPENSIVE, and so are the drugs (thousands of dollars per month in some cases, and many times, insurance will not cover this. Google Lyme controversy and CDC guidelines.). Essential oils can definitely help anyone who is unable to get conventional treatment. 2) Essential oils built my son's immunity so strong that when he was bitten, he had SEVEN bulls-eye rashes, which the doctor said signified a very strong immune system. 3) People with Lyme HAVE to become their own health advocates because most doctors will not believe them. Essential oils EMPOWER them to treat themselves, or add to their existing treatment.
Hope this helps someone. Yes, I admit it. I'm a Lymie, a Lyme Mom, and a Lyme Alarmist. But, I wish I weren't...
Janice B.
On Sunday, June 17, 2012 8:08:04 AM UTC-4, Darcie Hulings wrote:On 6/16/12, DoulaHeidi <doterra.heidi@yahoo.com> wrote:
> RELATED QUESTION
>
> I want to piggy-back on this question, since mine is related. I removed a
> few ticks from my husband's back over 2 months ago. (He was working
> outside rebuilding the deck on someone's home.)
>
> He did NOT develop the bruising or bull's eye markings at any of the sites.
>
> However, two of the bite locations still bother him from time to time with
>
> itching and/or pain and they look red and raised somewhat like a pimple
> (with no pustule/head).
>
> Anyone have experience with this and tips on oils/protocol?
>
>
>> Any other thoughts of what I should do?
>>
>> Thanks!
>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
> Groups "Everything doTERRA" group.
> To post to this group, send email to everythingdoterra@googlegroups.com
> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> everythingdoterra+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
> For more options, visit this group at
> http://www.everythingdoterra.com
I thought I would add my two cents here. I was unfortunately diagnosed
with Lyme's disease recently. And, I am doing the doctor Hill
protocol after I did the antibiotics from the doctors. I am also on pb
assist because of the antibiotic I was on. You do need to know what to
look out for. Symptoms can sometimes take months or years to show up.
And, sometimes blood work does not come back showing whether someone
has Lyme's disease. I never developed the bullseye marking until long
after I had a stiff neck and unbearable headache. Consider it the
worst flu you ever had times ten. It actually resembles meningitiis.
Which, the doctors initially thought I had. In my case I went hiking
and found a tick on me. It may have been on me for about an hour at
most. My symptoms took about a month to show up. I hope I have not
totally scared you. More than likely your husband will be just fine.
But, it's good to be cautious.
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Everything doTERRA" group.
To post to this group, send email to everythingdoterra@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
everythingdoterra+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://www.everythingdoterra.com
No comments:
Post a Comment