Riki L. Evans, B.Msc.
Radiant Living, LLC
www.radiantlivingonline.com
Sent from my HTC smartphone
----- Reply message -----
From: "JRW" <silverdishes@gmail.com>
To: <everythingdoterra@googlegroups.com>
Subject: [Everything doTERRA] Re: Blending 'Slim and Sassy' without Peppermint
Date: Sun, Jun 17, 2012 11:16 am
From: "JRW" <silverdishes@gmail.com>
To: <everythingdoterra@googlegroups.com>
Subject: [Everything doTERRA] Re: Blending 'Slim and Sassy' without Peppermint
Date: Sun, Jun 17, 2012 11:16 am
I am interested in this too. I was actually going to go through the blend myself this week and see what I come up with for Slim and Sassy blend without the Peppermint. I'll share it once I have it. Breastfeeding will for sure help with the weightloss, but I haven't seen much improvement with the actual skin shrinkage other than wearing a body wrap and that can only do so much. I know everyone says that the only fix for the extra skin is a tummy tuck (or just accept that as your body now), but I'm incline to try natural remedies before I go that route (if I ever go that route.)
I plan on trying the skin care package doTERRA has to see if that will help also (need to make sure there isn't any peppermint in it.)
I would for sure say the most important thing to remember is making sure she is eating as healthy as possible and getting the right and good kind of extra calerories in her body. It will help with her milk supply as well as the weightloss. Exercise is of course great too. Just walking 1/2 mile (when she is able to) will help a great deal. Just be sure to not over do it or start exercising too soon. She needs to give her body time to heal. I wasn't able to start exercising until my baby was 6 months, but I had a back injury that needed to be taken care of first (not from giving birth but was agitated from it.)
Congrats on becoming parents! :)
Mandi - I have the same issues. Anything with peppermint oil dries me up almost immediately. It's really frustrating. I can drink a pregnancy tea that has peppermint LEAVES in it and not have a problem with it. I guess the oil is just too potent (sp?) I have heard a lot more success stories with women using the LLV while breastfeeding though (even helping with their supply) so I guess it just depends on how your body is.
On Tuesday, June 12, 2012 12:38:46 PM UTC-6, Thea wrote:
I really like what my aunt has said regarding pregnancy. If it takes 9--
months to get there, then expect it to take 9 months to get back (i.e.
feel recovered and body is back to "normal", you are used to the new
schedule that comes with having an additional family member). Keep up
with the breastfeeding and the weight loss will come!
On Jun 11, 1:20 pm, Mandie Potter <salburiousm...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Really? Because mine dries up to a trickle when I try to take it. My
> sister too.
>
> On Jun 11, 10:59 am, Rachel Hall <i...@expectingwell.com> wrote:
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> > Since you are avoiding peppermint I am assuming she is breastfeeding.
> > Breastfeeding itself will initiate weight loss. She should be
> > practicing the wellness lifestyle and eating a well balanced, whole
> > foods, non-processed, low toxin (pesticides, hormones, antibiotics)
> > diet. Eating mainly fruits, veggies, nuts, seeds, and legumes. The
> > breastfeeding will take care of the rest. The body only needs 300
> > extra KCals/day over basal metabolic needs to support a pregnancy, but
> > needs 500 KCals/day to produce breast milk. That is why breastfeeding
> > helps with weight loss. Those that don't find weight loss with breast
> > feeding are not eating appropriately.
>
> > There is peppermint in the tummy soothing blend of oils that is part
> > of LLV. However, I have not found it hinders most women's milk
> > production. I suggest muscle testing to see if she should take the
> > full dose or a lesser dose.
>
> > If she isn't breastfeeding, then Slim and Sassy is fine, and of course
> > the wt loss progam with S&S includes appropriate diet, exercise,
> > sleep, stress and toxin reduction.
>
> > On Jun 11, 9:47 am, Mandie Potter <salburiousm...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > I don't know on that one but be careful with llv as well.. It's full of
> > > peppermint.
>
> > > On Jun 11, 7:12 am, DanielH <dj_dan...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > > My wife has recently had a baby, and we are ensuring that she keeps
> > > > away from Peppermint. However, we are keen to get going with the
> > > > weight loss...
>
> > > > So i plan on mixing the oils separately (rather than using the
> > > > official blend) so we can do without the Peppermint..
>
> > > > I plan on adding them to capsules.
>
> > > > Any ideas on a formula? Otherwise I'll just throw in a couple of drops
> > > > of each and see what happens.
>
> > > > Cheers- Hide quoted text -
>
> > > - Show quoted text -
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Everything doTERRA" group.
To post to this group, send email to everythingdoterra@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
everythingdoterra+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://www.everythingdoterra.com --
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Everything doTERRA" group.
To post to this group, send email to everythingdoterra@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
everythingdoterra+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://www.everythingdoterra.com
No comments:
Post a Comment