Wednesday, September 7, 2011

[Everything doTERRA] Re: Umcomfortable Lying Down-Sleepy-Not Life Threatening

Hi James,

Being Chinese, have you gone to any Traditional Chinese Medical
doctors? According to the theory that I've learned, if one is not
asleep by 1, it depletes the yin (which might explain the lethargy and
disorientation). As you were growing, I'm wondering if this might be
magnified a bit and it sounds like you might had some teenage angst
that might have affected the system (according to tcm).

Also, you might not have fully eradicated whatever ailed you before.

Are you using any oils currently?
-For the leg soreness, have you used Deep Blue or Peppermint?
-I would suggest PB and GX assist, to clean the system and help assist
the system, then go on the Lifelong Vitality Pack.
-Putting a drop of melaleuca, on guard, and oregano on your feet
morning and night (everything else just to further clean up anything
that might not be beneficial to you).
-If you're still a bit groggy during the day, a drop of peppermint on
your feet in the morning to wake you up along with drinking water with
a couple of drops of slim and sassy (it's been known to give energy
during the 3PM slumps),
-Lavendar or serenity (people like serenity a bit better) during the
evening. Lavendar is supposed to be a pain-killer, so it might help
with the pain in the legs, also.
-If it were my son, I would, also, give him a drop of Balance on his
feet in the morning and in the evening to smooth things out.
(Most all the oils that I mentioned above is in the Family Physician
Kit.)

I would try it for a couple of weeks, and if it doesn't help, go to a
TCM doctor, if you haven't gone. Traditional Chinese Medicine
diagnoses differently than Western Medicine, and since there are 6
channels on the legs, everything that you said, kind of makes sense.

Hope this helps,
helen-Mia

Hope this helps.

On Sep 5, 10:00 pm, James Yu <wherey...@gmail.com> wrote:
> My name is James Yu and I was born in Beijing, China. I will be 18 in
> a few days.
>
> Generally, I am a curious, naive, emotionally sensitive, and smart
> person. My best area is math, and I passed the American Math Contest
> twice in high school.
>
> I feel uncomfortable when lying down to try to sleep, and this has
> persisted since I was 16. I will provide as much important
> information
> here as possible so anyone can please help me understand why.
>
> Since I was 14 I had a bad sleep cycle, where I would take a nap
> after
> high school/in the afternoon for about two hours every day.
> Afterwards, I would feel very refreshed. I would then force myself to
> go to sleep at the latest 1:00 am, and I wouldn't even be sleepy
> then.
> The next morning, I would be very sleepy throughout the whole school
> day, and immediately take a nap as soon as I got home. During the
> day,
> I would feel very exhuasted and weak. I would not want to do anything
> but sleep. I would have trouble interacting and socializing with my
> peers, and feel very self-conscious. It was suffering to stand up/
> walk
> while feeling so weak and looking at/comparing myself to my "calm,
> healthy" peers around me. When I did, it felt like my brain was on
> fire, my breathing became rapid, and wanted to shout. I wouldn't
> shout
> though, because then people would think that I was weird.
>
> So this whole cycle persisted. The summer before I was 16, I went to
> China for my Grandpa's birthday. I avoided daytime activities for 3
> days, to adjust to jetlag. The day after my Grandpa's birthday, we
> ate
> dinner made by my Grandma, and I had diarrhea within 30 min. I would
> have diarrhea about 3-4 times per day, which lasted at least a week,
> and gradually got better. My dad had diarrhea as well, but it only
> lasted 2 days for him and was not as frequent. After dinner,
> we heard that someone on our plane had H1N1, so everyone near him had
> to be quarantined by the Gov., and everyone else (like me and my dad)
> should be self quarantined, but was not enforced. My dad wanted to
> abide by the rules, so we together moved to an apartment. Still
> probably suffering from jetlag, I woke up in the middle of the night
> there, and again at 7:00 am. I felt sleepiness, soreness, weakness
> and
> nausea while making breakfast. I dreaded that I had H1N1. The last
> time I went to China in the summer of 2006, I felt terrible soreness
> and nausea and had an IV in the hospital for 5 days, but was better
> afterwards.  I went back to lie down, and had a refreshing sleep
> until
> 9:00 am. My soreness and nausea gradually got better throughout the
> day. The next two days, I woke up sleepy at 7:00 am in the morning,
> but had refreshing naps in the afternoon, so I happily engaged in
> outdoor physical activity. The next few days. however, I woke up
> tired
> and sleepy, but could not fall asleep in the afternoon. I became
> distressed, not feeling refreshed the entire day.
>
> I spent about a total of 11 days in China, and immediately after
> having returned to the states, I found out that mom had already paid
> for her, me and my grandma to go with a tour group through
> Yellowstone
> Park, the next day. The first night at a hotel, I woke up at 4:00 am,
> getting about 4.5 hours of sleep, and was very distressed when I
> could
> not fall asleep, knowing that we had to leave at about 8:00 in the
> morning. I woke my mom up, telling her how bad I felt, but she simply
> told me to stop bothering her. I was awake until we had to leave that
> day. On the bus, I remembered that the last time I fell asleep on a
> bus, my legs felt sore and compact afterwards. I thought this might
> be
> because my feet were flat on the ground when I was sleeping, so this
> time, I put them on the footstand behind the chair in front of me,
> which felt somewhat unnatural. I could not fall asleep the entire
> day.
> I noticed that my skin was becoming more pale and I easily caught a
> cold. That night, I hoped I would get a good night's sleep since I
> was
> so exhausted, but again I woke up, at 4:30 am and could not fall back
> to sleep. I was so upset and confused. During the day, I felt so
> lost,
> angry, and that my suffering was unbearable. I felt that the fire in
> my brain was going to explode at any time. I felt so sick and sleepy
> that my emotions were completely out of control. I could not stand
> feeling so weak when looking at others. I didn't fall asleep during
> the day, and the next day I woke up at 4:30 am again. On the bus I
> just felt like breaking down and crying. I didn't because I thought
> other people would think I was weird. I finally managed to fall
> asleep
> for 3 hours on the bus, but it wasn't refreshing. I thought that my
> sleep was back to finally back to normal, but the next day, I woke up
> at 5:30 am, feeling confused and upset again. The next day, my mom
> gave me an Ambien pill, and I woke up at 6:30 am.
> My week at Yellowstone was my worst week I can remember, and I don't
> recall my mom or grandma being supportive or sensitive to my
> discomfort at all.
>
> At the beginning of my junior year, my school day was sleepy as
> usual.
> I tried to take naps, but somehow they would only last an hour, and I
> was still sleepy afterwards. So I was sleepy all the time, and I
> became extremely upset, lost, and confused. I don't remember exactly
> how gradually, but it became uncomfortable for me to sleep on my
> back.
> I had always slept on my back, so I didn't understand why I felt
> uncomfortable then. My lower legs felt like they were suspended, and
> not rested on the bed. After awhile, they became more sore, so I
> tried
> to move them to a more "comfortable position." Moving them would make
> the soreness slightly better, only to get worse again after awhile.
> My
> legs did not jerk or twitch in any way, not when I tried to go to
> sleep, or during the night, as my Grandma observed. Bending my legs
> with my knees up relieved the soreness, but I could not fall asleep
> in
> this position. Lying on my right/left sides also relieved the
> soreness, but I felt unnatural in these positions and eventually
> turned on my back. It would take me much longer to fall asleep, and
> my
> sleep quality was greatly reduced. I felt hopeless, no longer
> motivated to do anything, even go to school. I was absent for 5 days
> in the first month. My dad called me worthless, had shen jing bing,
> and cursed at me in Chinese, when I did not want to go. My mom said I
> was lazy and spoiled. The local "Pediatricians" did not listen to my
> symptoms, simply prescribed OTC medication such as Aleve, but ran
> blood tests when I persisted. They all came out negative, and a
> doctor
> sternly told me I would face court if I missed too many days of
> school.
>
> That was a very painful time in my life to remember. I have ran many
> blood tests since then, and everything has come up negative, with the
> exception of having low Vitamin D.  My legs still feel sore when
> sleeping on my back, but I am able to sleep on my sides a little bit
> easier. The last time I woke up feeling refreshed was one morning in
> Spring of 2010. If anyone can help me understand why my legs started
> feeling sore when I was 16 and/or how I can fix this please, please
> help me.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Everything doTERRA" group.
To post to this group, send email to everythingdoterra@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
everythingdoterra+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://www.everythingdoterra.com

No comments:

Post a Comment