Wednesday, September 14, 2011

[Everything doTERRA] Cough That Won't Go Away

We have a large group of friends that have had a cough since July,
mostly the kids but some adults as well. Some of us started in the
last few weeks but others still have it since July. Most of them use
doTERRA. They aren't being as aggressive as me but my kids have had it
for 3 weeks. It starts out as a dry cough, the kind where you can't
stop. For the most part it happens only at night, not that its
completely gone during the day but its much worse at night. My
daughter got it first (in our family) I was having her drink
Peppermint for the antispasmodic properties, then putting Breathe in
the diffuser. It worked for the most part but it didn't get rid of it,
it just made sleep easier. I of course was doing OnGuard in capsules
and sometimes on her feet.

About 10 days ago I started doing OG, Oregano and Frank in a capsule 3
time a day. She had a fever 2 days into that and it broke the same
day, never to return. That's when the cough turned from dry to very
wet. She now chokes on the stuff she coughs up and has a hard time
getting her breath back. I am no longer giving her the capsule 3 times
per day but at least 1 time, sometimes 2. She is also getting
Eucalyptus in the diffuser and on her chest at bedtime. She drinks
Lemon during the day, like 3 drops total. She also used up almost an
entire bag of OG Throat Drops.

It dawned on me last night that I wonder if we are detoxing or
cleansing her lungs and that's why the cough isn't going away.
Whenever she gets sick its always in her lungs. I feel like we all
have our weak spot and the lungs are hers. Is it possible that that's
what is happening and we should keep doing what we are doing and not
view it as her being sick but cleansing?

This morning we did the capsule, Eucalyptus on her back and chest,
Melaleuca on her feet (which I typically do because she has had a
couple of warts and she gets athletes foot as well and that seems
takes care of both). What should I do at bedtime?

Sorry there are so many questions but this cough is so frustrating.
What should I have other friends do for their kids? Most have the
family physician kits. Thanks!

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Everything doTERRA" group.
To post to this group, send email to everythingdoterra@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
everythingdoterra+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://www.everythingdoterra.com

No comments:

Post a Comment