Thursday, January 13, 2011

Re: [Everything doTERRA] infant eczema/goats milk

Maree!
Awe Thank you so much!  I am so glad it helps so much with cracked feet.  And My little lotion is all the way in New Mexico??
WOW!  I feel so blessed to be able to share this!
Thanks for the good word... (i owe ya one!)
Heather

On Tue, Jan 11, 2011 at 10:31 PM, Maree Cottam <maree_cottam@msn.com> wrote:
I have to say that Heather's homemade lotion is phenomenal :) i have had her make our group some for our Christmas projects & I have had so many people say it is the best & it is the only thing that helps with my Mom's cracked feet & my sister's cracked hands;) they love it! I even sent some to a lady in Albuquerque:) did you know that Heather?! It works wonders & I would highly suggest it to anyone for everything... also her soap is AWESOME too:)
anyway, just sayin:)

thanks for all your thoughts on dementia:) we are meeting on Friday so I will come prepared! :) ya'll rock!!!

all my love,
Maree :)


Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2011 14:42:19 -0700
Subject: Re: [Everything doTERRA] infant eczema/goats milk
From: hgunnerson@clear.net
To: everythingdoterra@googlegroups.com


I actually make a homemade lotion that helps my kids eczema from the outside!  I agree that it comes from food though.  Lavender helps eczema.  Potassium sorbate is a food preservative that can actually irritate eczema.  It is in a lot of lotions and foods.  You know the meat you get?  The little pad of stuff under the meat is soaked in potassium sorbate to preserve it.  Just rinse off all your meats and it should wash away.
Also parabens that are in your lotions and things can irritate eczema.  So check and try to find paraben free.  it is a difficult task but helps.  Also anything with artificial colors can irritate eczema.  This again is hard to do but is possible after much practice.  My childrens eczema is much better when I keep them away from preservatives and artificial colors!  It is truly amazing.
Also I bathe them in epsom salt, baking soda, and lavender oil.  Works wonders.  Then put on your preservative free lotions on while the skin is still damp.  Sometimes I will put oatmeal in a knee high nylon and tye it up.  Then let it float in the tub with my kids.  The kids like to play with it lol.
If you would like to try my homemade lotion.... check out my website where I sell it.  I don't make much on it; but it helps me to teach my kids how to make stuff and make money.  If you google body butter you can find some good recipes too.
my website www.heatherscountry.blogspot.com  I also have homemade soap on there!  It is nice to use because it is made with goats milk.  it is the only soap that touches my kids anymore!  So many other soaps have harsh detergents and parabens in them.
Good luck!  It really is sticking it through and doing the best we can... and hopefully they will out grow it.
I also heard that the clear skin oil helps too!!  sorry for so much info.  I hope it helps!
heather

On Tue, Jan 11, 2011 at 1:20 PM, Mindy LeFort <decembermoon23@gmail.com> wrote:
Ok I emailed you the recipe privately. Please let me know you received it.
On Jan 11, 2011 12:15 PM, "Mindy LeFort" <decembermoon23@gmail.com> wrote:
> Gluten is in grain products like anything with wheat. Read labels on
> packaged things some makers add gluten to their products. I personally would
> remove the oatmeal, because mine is allergic to it. What types of
> fruit/veggies?
>
> And yeah changing the formula will be a huge thing. I am hunting my archives
> for the recipe. And have an email out to my lc friends
> On Jan 11, 2011 8:13 AM, "rachel lam" <rl3177@gmail.com> wrote:
>> ok, just saw the glue is supposed to be glueten. what kind of food is that
>> in? Anything that a baby eats? Thanks
>>
>> On Tue, Jan 11, 2011 at 12:36 AM, Mindy LeFort <decembermoon23@gmail.com
>>wrote:
>>
>>> Stupid auto correct.... glue should be gluten
>>> On Jan 10, 2011 9:35 PM, "Mindy LeFort" <decembermoon23@gmail.com>
>>> wrote:
>>> > Eczema is Sooooo food related. Dairy, soy, and glue are the biggest
>>> > culprits. We battled this too and it took 3 years before she finally
> out
>>> > grew the allergies enough. Straight lanolin work fabulous for us
> instead
>>> of
>>> > the steroids cream. You should really remove all the dairy soy and glue
>>> from
>>> > her diet and see if it clears up. It can take a month or so to finally
>>> clear
>>> > her system in my experience.
>>> > As far as goats milk meyersberg I think that's the brand makes an
> organic
>>> > powdered goats milk. Where are you located? Maybe some of my raw milk
>>> people
>>> > may know a farm not far from you. Also some of our local location
>>> > consultants have a goat milk formula recipe they recommend. I will look
>>> for
>>> > it and pass it along for you. If you want it that is :)
>>> > On Jan 10, 2011 9:15 PM, "rl3177" <rl3177@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> >> I have a 9month old baby who has severe eczema. I have been told that
>>> >> to switch him to goats milk. Some say that it doesn't have enough
>>> >> vitamins and nutrients in it to give to a baby instead of formula.
>>> >> What are your thoughts on this. Also is it okay to buy goats milk
>>> >> from a store if I can't find a local farmer to get it raw? I have
>>> >> tried a steroid cream from my pediatrition and it works ok but I can't
>>> >> stand putting a steriod on my baby any longer. This have been going
>>> >> on for about 4 months now and it is just getting worse. Please help!
>>> >>
>>> >> --
>>> >> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
>>> >> Groups "Everything doTERRA" group.
>>> >> To post to this group, send email to
> everythingdoterra@googlegroups.com
>>> >> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
>>> >> everythingdoterra+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com<everythingdoterra%2Bunsubscribe@googlegroups.com>
> <everythingdoterra%2Bunsubscribe@googlegroups.com<everythingdoterra%252Bunsubscribe@googlegroups.com>
>>
>>> <everythingdoterra%2Bunsubscribe@googlegroups.com<everythingdoterra%252Bunsubscribe@googlegroups.com>
> <everythingdoterra%252Bunsubscribe@googlegroups.com<everythingdoterra%25252Bunsubscribe@googlegroups.com>

>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> >> For more options, visit this group at
>>> >> http://www.everythingdoterra.com
>>>
>>> --
>>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
>>> Groups "Everything doTERRA" group.
>>> To post to this group, send email to everythingdoterra@googlegroups.com
>>> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
>>> everythingdoterra+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com<everythingdoterra%2Bunsubscribe@googlegroups.com>
> <everythingdoterra%2Bunsubscribe@googlegroups.com<everythingdoterra%252Bunsubscribe@googlegroups.com>
>>
>>> For more options, visit this group at
>>> http://www.everythingdoterra.com
>>>
>>
>> --
>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
>> Groups "Everything doTERRA" group.
>> To post to this group, send email to everythingdoterra@googlegroups.com
>> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
>> everythingdoterra+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com<everythingdoterra%2Bunsubscribe@googlegroups.com>
>> For more options, visit this group at
>> http://www.everythingdoterra.com

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Everything doTERRA" group.
To post to this group, send email to everythingdoterra@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
everythingdoterra+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://www.everythingdoterra.com


--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Everything doTERRA" group.
To post to this group, send email to everythingdoterra@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
everythingdoterra+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://www.everythingdoterra.com

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Everything doTERRA" group.
To post to this group, send email to everythingdoterra@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
everythingdoterra+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://www.everythingdoterra.com

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Everything doTERRA" group.
To post to this group, send email to everythingdoterra@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
everythingdoterra+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://www.everythingdoterra.com

No comments:

Post a Comment