Wednesday, November 10, 2010

[Everything doTERRA] Re: babies and oils

As an aromatherapist/herbalist and mom of 5, who has used essential
oils for the last 20 years, I would not ever give a baby oils
internally. Oils are powerful as we all know. The ph of a baby's gut
is very sensitive and immature, and can be seriously compromised as
well as the lining of their stomachs with oils, strong foods, etc...
Introducing essential oils in a baby that young internally (or in my
opinion, until they are adults) is dangerous. I hesitate to use such a
strong word, as I do everything I can to burst the myth that oils are
"dangerous", but I do believe it is in this regard. Their livers are
also not mature enough to handle the oils as well. I am also a firm
believer in the use of herbs and oils together. I prefer oils
externally and herbs internally. Herbs are gentler and more effective
to the system when used internally. I could not survive without them
both! I would suggest a good immune herbal formula internally, and if
you are breastfeeding, also taken by you. The oils can work wonders
externally, rubbed behind the ear on the mastoid bone, and gently
massaged downward to "milk" the drainage and infection. Also oils used
gently on the chest and spine to break up congestion. I am a huge fan
of elderberry syrup as well for these issues, and it is super easy to
make. If you would like more info on herbs, or anything else,please
feel free to contact me. My passion in my profession is pregnancy,
babies and children, and so I have alot to say about it! :)
Jonelle Hughes
JonelleHughes.com

On Nov 10, 8:54 pm, "Brooke Magleby" <brooke...@cableone.net> wrote:
> It is hard to have them take internally - and they really don't need that
> much oil.  Which oils are you using and how often are you using them?  That
> can make a difference.  I have made a blend for ear infections that seems to
> work wonders on babies - but you need to use it often in order to really
> stay on top of it and then get rid of it.  One application will help, but
> not fix the entire problem.  
> -Brooke
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: everythingdoterra@googlegroups.com
>
> [mailto:everythingdoterra@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of mj
> Sent: Wednesday, November 10, 2010 11:21 AM
> To: Everything doTERRA
> Subject: [Everything doTERRA] babies and oils
>
> I have a seven month old baby with nagging cold and ear infection. I'm
> using oils topically and aromatic. Can babies take any of the oils
> internally to assist in fighting sickness and infection?
>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
> Groups "Everything doTERRA" group.
> To post to this group, send email to everythingdoterra@googlegroups.com
> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> everythingdoterra+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
> For more options, visit this group athttp://www.everythingdoterra.com

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Everything doTERRA" group.
To post to this group, send email to everythingdoterra@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
everythingdoterra+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://www.everythingdoterra.com

No comments:

Post a Comment