Monday, November 8, 2010

[Everything doTERRA] Dog bite and Blood thinners

I just wanted to share an experience I just had this weekend with the
oils.

My dad was bitten by a dog on his thigh around noon. He had some
superficial scratches and one very deep wound where his fatty tissues
were extruding. He was taking blood thinners and was bleeding
severely. We got the bleeding to slow down and took him in to get
stitches. About an hour after we got home we had to change the
bandage because he had soaked it. Two hours later we had to change
the bandage again. This was 7 hours after the initial accident and
when I changed the bandage this time it looked as fresh as if it had
just happend 3 minutes ago. Even the scratches hadn't scabbed up one
bit. I pulled out my oils to see if they would help stop the
bleeding. I applied Helichrysum all around the wounds and anywhere it
looked like there was bruising. I applied Melaleuca around the wounds
to kill any bacteria. I applied Lavender on top of the scratches and
poured a drop directly on the deep wound to help with healing the
tissues. We bandaged it up and checked it 3 hours later before
bedtime. The scratches all had scabs on it, and half of the deep
wound was scabbed over as well. The bandage was only soaked about
half way through. We cheered that the bleeding was stopping (we were
all getting worried by that point). I re-applied the oils, only this
time I used doTerra's Purify blend in place of the Melaleuca. I
checked it the next morning 8 hours later. The bandage was only
soaked about 1/4 of it's capacity and the wound looked clean and
healthy. Everyone there credited the success to "Rindee's amazing
oils".

He still has a lot of bruising from the internal bleeding, so I'll be
changing my focus to help with the bruising to prevent any blood clots
(the initial reason he was on blood thinners to begin with).

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Everything doTERRA" group.
To post to this group, send email to everythingdoterra@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
everythingdoterra+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://www.everythingdoterra.com

No comments:

Post a Comment