Thursday, January 14, 2010

Re: [Everything doTERRA] Re: energy class

No offense or disrespect taken - lots of people using these oils do so using many energy medicine avenues, Reiki is just one of them.  I have not always been LDS, I was Catholic and my family is Catholic.  I hope this comes across the way I mean it - using the internet to explain things is sometimes hard and things don't always come across the way people intent - for me the word Priesthood is not just an LDS/Mormon word and I don't think of it as just an LDS word - I grew up Catholic and my dads family is Catholic and the word Priesthood is a universal word to me.  I was using a quote from someone - those were not my words but hers in explaining the process to me and I don't think she was comparing it to the Priesthood but just how it is conveyed meaning one person has to give and one has to receive.  Sorry and hope no one is offended!

Kathy
AT THE EDGE
Antiques & Things
435-635-5865




-----Original Message-----
From: KENDRA BODINE <kendrajohanna@gmail.com>
To: everythingdoterra@googlegroups.com
Sent: Thu, Jan 14, 2010 10:05 am
Subject: Re: [Everything doTERRA] Re: energy class

Hey Guys!

I mean no disrespect, but I thought that this site is more for information on essential oils. 

I think that energy work is really great, but comparing it to the Priesthood is a little odd.  In fact I feel strongly that it is very inappropriate!

I'm not sure why the Priesthood or any mention of ones beliefs are being discussed on this site.

I'm not sure if you were not a member of the LDS church, if you would even know what is being spoken about.

I find it very disturbing that the Priesthood is being mentioned in the same breathe as Reiki.

I am sure that the example was not meant to offend, but could you please use caution when using comparisons.  I am sure, as I am writing this, that I have offended some.  I am truly sorry for how you feel, I am writing this with good intentions.

If I have misunderstood this posting, please feel free to contact me.

I stand in my power,
Thanks,
Kendra Bodine


On Wed, Jan 13, 2010 at 10:59 PM, Spring Creek Crystal Dimensions <springcreekcrystaldimensions@gmail.com> wrote:
I live up north and received my attunements for I and II and weren't
given the benefit of waiting an hour between each process and felt
okay. I had heard the same explaination of receiving the priesthood so
I just accepted.  When I received III  from out of state, it was a
total different experience! So I like your session --waiting for an
hour between each process and embracing (and appreciating) the new
energies in the first two and think it's more beneficial to the
individual to "process". Good blessings coming your way, everyone!
On Jan 1, 3:49 pm, Kathy ~ At The Edge <sandhol...@aol.com> wrote:
>  I'm in Southern Utah and a friend from up North is coming down to do a class on Reiki and to give a class on attunements - $250 for an attunement
>
> email me privately if interested
> sandhol...@aol.com
>  - class will be end of January or beginning of February.
>
> I asked her why an attunement is needed  and isn't it something I could do by myself and this was her answer:
>
> Kathy, it's like receiving the priesthood.  You HAVE tohave someone give it to you.  Yes, you can pray and it works, but to getthe full benefit, you have to receive the ordinance from someone! Likewise, you can do energy healing without "doing Reiki" (Reiki is universal)but having the attunement opens you up to so many gifts!  I becameclaircognizant and clairaudient after receiving my attunements, and became moreopen to seeing auras.  
>
> Receiving my Reiki attunements were the most spiritualexperiences I have ever had.  The crown chakra is opened and the symbolsare placed in your aura.  For Reiki I, there are 4 attunement processes,spaced an hour apart, so that your body gets a chance to get used to the newenergies.  We talk about the history of Reiki and then teach both how togive a Reiki treatment and what it feels like to receive one – everyone gets achance to give and receive.
>
> I really wish I'd journaled my experiences better – all I cantell you is that they were utterly amazing.  
>
> Reiki Level 1 Online Training
> Lesson 1
>
> Chapter One – Whatis Reiki Anyway?
> Reiki: a Japanese technique for getting rid of stress,helping you to relax, and helping a person's body and mind to heal. PronouncedRay-Key
>
> What is Reiki Anyway?
>
> Reikiis wonderful! But before you know what it is, you should also know what itisn't. Reiki isn't magic, and it doesn't mean that you have mysterious powers.Reiki is not a religion, so you don't have to change any of your religiousbeliefs to learn it. Reiki is an ancient healing art from Japan that canhelp you relax, and can help your own energy to flow better so that you canhelp yourself and other people heal.
>
> Theword "reiki" comes from two Japanese words – Rei and Ki. Reimeans "universal" or "divine", and Ki means "life force" or "energy".When you put the two words together, you get Reiki, or "universal lifeforce energy". Some people prefer to think of it as "divinely guided life forceenergy", meaning that it is directed by God. This universal life force energyis all around us, all the time, but most people don't even know that it isthere. Practicing Reiki helps us to use the energy.
>
> Sowhat is universal life force energy? Have you ever seen a Karate expert break astack of boards with a quick swipe of his hand? Or martial artists leap higherthan humanly possible? They use a special kind of energy that we all have,called Chi (or Ki). This energy flows through our bodies, similar to our blood,but you can't see it. Chi helps keep our bodies healthy and our minds strong.If the flow of Chi in a person's body is blocked, the person can get sick, orfeel tired or depressed.
>
> Imaginea highway with lots of cars racing down it. Every car on that highway is headedto the beach, where everyone will get out of their cars and hold up big signsthat will make a word when they are all put together Now imagine that part ofthe highway is blocked, and the cars have to slow down and go by one at a time.The people won't all arrive at the beach on time, and the signs that they holdup won't spell the word the right way if some of the pieces are missing. That'skind of what it is like when someone's Chi isn't flowing properly. If thehighway is blocked, the cars don't get to wherever they are going on time, andif your Chi is blocked, the energy doesn't flow like it should.
>
> Reikihelps keep the flow of Chi going strong, without any roadblocks. A person whouses Reiki knows how to use the life force energy to keep the roadblocks downand direct Chi to flow smoothly to wherever it needs to go.
>
> Aperson who uses Reiki, called a Reiki Practitioner, places their hands overcertain areas of another person's body. If there is an injury, or if there is aroadblock in the energy flow, Reiki will be transferred from the Reiki Practitioner'shands to the person's body.
>
> Who Can Learn Reiki?
>
> Anyone can learn Reiki! It doesn't matter whether you areyoung or old, how your grades are in school, or what color your eyes are. Allyou have to do to give someone a Reiki treatment is to put your hands whereverthey are hurting, and the Reiki will do it's job. The Reiki knows where to go,and how much of it is needed, so you don't need to be a doctor or a miracleworker or a super hero. You just have to care enough to want to help, and Reikiwill do the rest.
>
> How do I learn Reiki?
>
> Tobe able to be a Reiki Practitioner, you must first get an Attunement. Anattunement is a special ceremony where a Reiki Master transfers the ability todo Reiki to a student. The Reiki makes adjustments to the student's chakras andenergy pathways, opening them up to be able to let more Reiki energy flowthrough. You can think of it like a musical instrument that is tuned so thatthe notes it plays sound pleasing and beautiful. The attunement will "tune"your energy channels. Once you receive an attunement, then you will be able togive Reiki treatments to yourself and to other people. However, you will not beable to attune other people to Reiki unless you become a Reiki Master.
>
> Duringa Reiki Attunement you will probably be asked to sit quietly, perhaps with youreyes closed, while your Reiki Master performs the actual attunement process.Your Reiki Master will explain to you exactly what he or she will be doing, andwhat they would like you to do. You may not be aware of anything happening, oryou might see pretty lights flash behind your eyes, or you might feel warm, orfeel like you're in a dream. Attunements feel different for everyone. Somepeople feel very relaxed when they are getting their attunements. I even saw aman fall asleep once while he was being attuned!
>
> Onceyou are attuned to Reiki, you will have it for the rest of your life. You willalways be able to use Reiki, but the more you use it, the stronger it willbecome.
>
> Afteryour attunement, you might have a period of time where your body wants to getrid of the old blockages that were in your energy pathways before you gotReiki. This is called a cleansing period. Some people have old feelings thatthey need to release during their cleansing period, and some people have toxinsstored in their bodies from pollution and poor eating habits. It is importantto realize that this is different for every person, and you need to do what isbest for you. If you feel like you need to cry, let it out! If you feela little more tired than usual, get plenty of rest. If you have a few flu-likesymptoms, or a headache, be sure to contact your Reiki Master and he/she canhelp you clear out any blockages that might still be stubbornly in the way. Andalways remember to drink plenty of water.
>
> * Now the reason I sent this is because I want to learn how to do energy healing with essential oils - Tamalu is coming down in May sometime to do a class on Energy Healing with Essential Oils and I want to be ready for that  class by taking this one but you don't NEED this class to come to Tamalu's - we haven't scheduled a date for Tamalu to come down yet but I will get together with her shortly and send an email about the class as soon as we have a date.
>
> Kathy
> AT THE EDGE
> Antiques & Things
> 435-635-5865

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Everything doTERRA" group.
To post to this group, send email to everythingdoterra@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
everythingdoterra+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://www.everythingdoterra.com

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Everything doTERRA" group.
To post to this group, send email to everythingdoterra@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
everythingdoterra+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://www.everythingdoterra.com

No comments:

Post a Comment