Friday, January 22, 2010

[mompowergroup] Digest Number 289

Messages In This Digest (9 Messages)

1a.
New Mom from New Hampshire From: Tracey
1b.
Re: New Mom from New Hampshire From: Kirstie H
2a.
Re: weight loss From: Lisa Stock
2b.
Re: weight loss From: GC
2c.
Re: weight loss From: pinktink1389
2d.
Re: weight loss From: youngwahm
3.
Crafting From: Loving_My_Life7
4a.
Re: Help Mom"s in Haiti!!!! From: askyourcoach
5.
New Alphabet Video for children... From: Roquel Roman

Messages

1a.

New Mom from New Hampshire

Posted by: "Tracey" tosbornemiller@yahoo.com   tosbornemiller

Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:07 am (PST)



Hi Moms,

My name is Tracey Miller. I live in Brentwood, New Hampshire and have a three-year-old daughter (who is going on 16!). I am a freelance writer and health coach and work out of my home. I work with a lot of moms who are all trying to figure out how to day-in and day-out provide healthy meals for their families.

I have a blog which includes recipes and other wellness tips: www.traceymillerwellness.com. I'm happy to share recipes or post them on my blog if you have some favorite dishes that you'd like to share with this group.

Best,
Tracey

1b.

Re: New Mom from New Hampshire

Posted by: "Kirstie H" kirstie_mo@yahoo.com   kirstiehague

Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:13 am (PST)



Hi Tracey, and welcome! If you could, please do share your tips with those of us in the group. People join the group to get info in here, rather than be scattered across multiple blogs and such.

Our moms are VERY interested in recipes, so if you'd share some of your favorites, I'm sure they'd be much appreciated!

Thanks,
Kirstie
Moderator, Mom Power Group

--- In mompowergroup@yahoogroups.com, "Tracey" <tosbornemiller@...> wrote:
>
> Hi Moms,
>
> My name is Tracey Miller. I live in Brentwood, New Hampshire and have a three-year-old daughter (who is going on 16!). I am a freelance writer and health coach and work out of my home. I work with a lot of moms who are all trying to figure out how to day-in and day-out provide healthy meals for their families.
>
> I have a blog which includes recipes and other wellness tips: www.traceymillerwellness.com. I'm happy to share recipes or post them on my blog if you have some favorite dishes that you'd like to share with this group.
>
> Best,
> Tracey
>

2a.

Re: weight loss

Posted by: "Lisa Stock" lisadavidstock@sbcglobal.net   lisadavidstock@sbcglobal.net

Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:08 am (PST)





Hi Jenna,
I also had RNY baritric surgery 11/07 and it was the best thing I have ever done as well.
I have 3 kids,and its great to get those hugs! Anyhow, congrats on your weight loss, I was 338 before and I am at 135lbs now! I have hit my goal, and have plateaued which is awesome! just weight as you loose things get better and better! Alot, of people have mis information about the surgery , we have to work just as hard as others that didn't have it done. The prayers and support that you get is great, i know that i had a great deal of support and I still do, especially my husband and kids.  Well, hit me up anytime if you want to chat.
Where are located? I am in sheboygan, Wi
Well Congrats again!
Keep in touch!
Lisa 

--- On Wed, 1/20/10, jennifer aldridge <jenna_anne34@yahoo.com> wrote:

From: jennifer aldridge <jenna_anne34@yahoo.com>
Subject: [mompowergroup] weight loss
To: mompowergroup@yahoogroups.com, "Áñgèl Graves" <angel_in_disguise0225@yahoo.com>, "dekitty nungester" <bivensintexas@yahoo.com>, dymples64@aol.com
Date: Wednesday, January 20, 2010, 7:44 AM

hello eveyone it has been awhile i just thought i would let you all know .i had bartic surgery best thing i have ever done . my highest weight was 602 lbs now im at 349lbs and still losing. the support i get from freinds and family has been great. your prayers have also helped .
 just to walking again having my kids hug me all the way around is awesome. i cant forget my husband that has been there through all of this  thanks to everyone again.

2b.

Re: weight loss

Posted by: "GC" godscreation7@gmail.com   gc7ministry

Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:08 am (PST)



wow so nice to hear, I bet you feel like a Princess

----- Original Message -----
From: jennifer aldridge
To: mompowergroup@yahoogroups.com ; Áñgèl Graves ; dekitty nungester ; dymples64@aol.com
Sent: Wednesday, January 20, 2010 7:44 AM
Subject: [mompowergroup] weight loss

hello eveyone it has been awhile i just thought i would let you all know .i had bartic surgery best thing i have ever done . my highest weight was 602 lbs now im at 349lbs and still losing. the support i get from freinds and family has been great. your prayers have also helped .
just to walking again having my kids hug me all the way around is awesome. i cant forget my husband that has been there through all of this thanks to everyone again.

2c.

Re: weight loss

Posted by: "pinktink1389" prettyinpinktails@gmail.com   pinktink1389

Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:08 am (PST)



CONGRATS! You are AMAZING! Keep up the Great work! Have you subscribed to Self.com? They have great tips ans support groups and challenges, diet tips, etc. I love it! I have 5 kids and it has helped me a lot! I have 7 pounds to go and i'm at my goal weight! I lost over 70 pounds! In 6 months! (so it's healthy and I love this way of eating, it's very balanced and not boreing!

YOU ROCK ON GIRL WE ARE ALL VERY PROUD OF YOU! And my thoughts and prayers go out to you to continue your fabulous journey!

XOXOXOXOXO,

Lori :)

--- In mompowergroup@yahoogroups.com, jennifer aldridge <jenna_anne34@...> wrote:
>
> hello eveyone it has been awhile i just thought i would let you all know .i had bartic surgery best thing i have ever done . my highest weight was 602 lbs now im at 349lbs and still losing. the support i get from freinds and family has been great. your prayers have also helped .
>  just to walking again having my kids hug me all the way around is awesome. i cant forget my husband that has been there through all of this  thanks to everyone again.
>

2d.

Re: weight loss

Posted by: "youngwahm" youngwahm@yahoo.com   youngwahm

Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:09 am (PST)



WOW Jennifer!!! That is AMAZING! Congratulations, may you continue to reach your weight loss goals and be the best YOU that you can to be there for your family!

~Stephanie

--- In mompowergroup@yahoogroups.com, jennifer aldridge <jenna_anne34@...> wrote:
>
> hello eveyone it has been awhile i just thought i would let you all know .i had bartic surgery best thing i have ever done . my highest weight was 602 lbs now im at 349lbs and still losing. the support i get from freinds and family has been great. your prayers have also helped .
>  just to walking again having my kids hug me all the way around is awesome. i cant forget my husband that has been there through all of this  thanks to everyone again.
>

3.

Crafting

Posted by: "Loving_My_Life7" loving_my_life7@yahoo.com   loving_my_life7

Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:08 am (PST)



Good morning everyone:0)

I am looking for a reputable wholesaler(s) for crafting supplies. Specifically, beads, florals, glass vases, decorative gem cuffs, candle making supplies, etc. Purchasing individual items at a Michael's or A.C. Moore craft store becomes too expensive. I am exploring the idea
of a craft/party supply business & I am in the research phase, so any information would be helpful. Eco-friendly produts would be most welcomed:-)

Also, I am interested in creating my own invitations. Can anyone suggest great software? I purchased the "Greeting Card Factory - Version 7 Deluxe Edition" yesterday & I am not too fond of the designs. I need a more mature/classy type of a program.

I thank you in advance for your responses. Have a blessed day!

4a.

Re: Help Mom"s in Haiti!!!!

Posted by: "askyourcoach" rebecca@insightsoutcoaching.com   askyourcoach

Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:08 am (PST)



This was written for those of you who want more information on how to help the relief efforts in Haiti:

http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-28949-Albany-Working-Moms-Examiner~y2010m1d20-The-best-way-to-help-those-in-Haiti

In global union!

--- In mompowergroup@yahoogroups.com, Magda Navarro <navarrom39@...> wrote:
>
>  
> I am in Longmont Co.
>  
> I like this "Helping Moms Achieve Their Goals and Dreams "
>  
> are you help them?
>
>
>
> --- On Sun, 1/17/10, Magda Navarro <navarrom39@...> wrote:
>
>
> From: Magda Navarro <navarrom39@...>
> Subject: Re: [mompowergroup] Re: Help Mom"s in Haiti!!!!
> To: mompowergroup@yahoogroups.com
> Date: Sunday, January 17, 2010, 4:51 PM
>
>
>  
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> Nyni where are you living?
> Magda
>
> --- On Sun, 1/17/10, Nyna <aem_aggie@yahoo. com> wrote:
>
>
> From: Nyna <aem_aggie@yahoo. com>
> Subject: [mompowergroup] Re: Help Mom"s in Haiti!!!!
> To: mompowergroup@ yahoogroups. com
> Date: Sunday, January 17, 2010, 2:59 AM
>
>
>  
>
> Congratulations for the little one on the way!!
>
> Thank you, thank you, thank you. Thank you so much for this. I have plenty of baby and toddler clothes that I'd like to donate and have been thinking about how I could get them down there.
>
> Nyna
> Helping Moms Achieve Their Goals and Dreams
>
> --- In mompowergroup@ yahoogroups. com, "Carnivalqueen" <travlnvixen@ ...> wrote:
> >
> > I have been trying to post but my computer is acting up, so I apologize if this post shows up twice.
> >
> > I am a proud Mom to my DD (and found out today 2nd DD is on the way soon). It breaks my heart to think of a helpless mother trying to care for her child in the midst of this tragedy. I currently am working as a flight attendant and am committed along with other co-workers, to do all that we can to help. If anyone reading this msg would like to donate any baby supplies ( used and unused) food, diapers, clothes, first aid supplies. And can get them to a major airport I am going to try a coordinate p/u's (w/i the US). to go hopefully as soon as next week. I am in Atlanta but willing to travel. plz contact me with any questions
> >
>

5.

New Alphabet Video for children...

Posted by: "Roquel Roman" roquel.romanlove@yahoo.com   roquel.romanlove

Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:09 am (PST)



Hello Fellow Mothers,

Well, for the new year I decided to activate my creative muscle and wanted to do something special for not just my children, but for others as well.  So, I created this cute little ABC Video that I thought would be fun to share!  I posted it on youtube...

http://www.youtube.com/RoquelRoman

I welcome any comments and feel free to spread this around! 

Have a creative New Year!

RR

Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Yahoo! Groups

Going Green

Connect with others

who live green

Check out the

Y! Groups blog

Stay up to speed

on all things Groups!

Yahoo! Groups

Mental Health Zone

Bi-polar disorder

Find support

Need to Reply?

Click one of the "Reply" links to respond to a specific message in the Daily Digest.

Create New Topic | Visit Your Group on the Web

No comments:

Post a Comment