Thursday, January 14, 2010

[mompowergroup] Digest Number 282

Messages In This Digest (6 Messages)

1a.
Re: single mom From: Michelle B. Cubas
1b.
Re: single mom From: Cheryl Nelson-Handley
1c.
single mom From: Kristy
1d.
Re: single mom From: Kathy De Leon
2a.
Re: Hi everyone! From: J-la
2b.
Re: Hi everyone! From: Mehri Sedaghat Shayegan

Messages

1a.

Re: single mom

Posted by: "Michelle B. Cubas" mcubas@positivepotentials.com   coachcubas

Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:33 am (PST)



Happy new year, Moms.

I remember when my kids went to their father's I had three days where
I didn't know what to do with myself.
You may experience this feeling when your kids are grown and go to
school or live on their own.

My thought is that we are so programmed to do for others, when no one
is there to tend we lose our focus.
That is why it is urgently important to take care of doing for
yourself along the way. Then, it's not such a shock
when you have more time. I liken this to when men retire. Statistics
show men often die within 3-4 years (?) of leaving their jobs unless
they have integrated a hobby they love into their lives.

The phrase d of the day is integrate and embed kindness to yourself
into your routine.

What would the world do without moms!
I say Mom is Wow spelled upside down.

Best,
Michelle Cubas

1b.

Re: single mom

Posted by: "Cheryl Nelson-Handley" handleygirl@yahoo.com   handleygirl

Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:34 am (PST)



Hey Kristy I talk to people on the dating site plenty of fish... it passing the lonely hours and there are men on there that are strictly only seeking talk/email and not necessarily dating.  It is lonely---I agree. 

________________________________

On Sat, Jan 9, 2010 at 5:57 PM, Kristy <kriszafiris@comcast.net> wrote:

> Any other single moms out there? I devote so much time to my kids, when
> they are gone at their dads I'm a little lost and lonely.. All my friends are
> married with families so I feel bad asking them to hangout. Anyone have any
> tips on how to be alone but not lonely?
>
> Kristy
>


1c.

single mom

Posted by: "Kristy" kriszafiris@comcast.net   kristyzafiris

Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:35 am (PST)



Thanks ladies for all the good advice and encouragement. I did not give my friends enough credit in my last post. They are all wonderful and are more than willing to come hangout with me or invite me over to hang with their families. I guess I feel the need to learn how to be alone. I shouldn't have to be surrounded by people all the time. Yes, I work full time and the kids are only gone 2 nights a week so I am really busy. I tried the meetup site and found some cool groups in my area. Thanks for the advice.

Kristy

1d.

Re: single mom

Posted by: "Kathy De Leon" emmac819@yahoo.com   emmac819

Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:37 am (PST)



HI,
I am a single mom as well, my problem is I am still having a hard time filling my days and nights. I rarely have adult companionship and it is very hard to deal with, my emotions get the best of me, it gets lonely. Try really hard to fill your time, it will make a difference, I am sure.

________________________________
From: Barb <barbfromga65@yahoo.com>
To: mompowergroup@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Tue, January 12, 2010 11:11:23 AM
Subject: [mompowergroup] Re: single mom

 

Hi there, I am also a single mom. I remember the feeling all too well. Still happens but it gets easier. I agree...go ahead and ask...you never know who would be willing to get together, they might be looking for an opportunity to ask you but not know how, so go for it, all they can say is no I figure.

--- In mompowergroup@ yahoogroups. com, "Kristy" <kriszafiris@ ...> wrote:
>
> Any other single moms out there? I devote so much time to my kids, when they are gone at their dads I'm a little lost and lonely. All my friends are married with families so I feel bad asking them to hangout. Anyone have any tips on how to be alone but not lonely?
>
> Kristy
>

2a.

Re: Hi everyone!

Posted by: "J-la" jaalajensen@yahoo.com   jaalajensen

Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:39 am (PST)



Here is the link if anyone is interested:)
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EcoMommies/

--- In mompowergroup@yahoogroups.com, "J-la" <jaalajensen@...> wrote:
>
> I am Jaala, a mommy of four wonderful kids.. We currently homeschool and try to live as naturally and simply as possible. HA! Not sure if anyone is interested, or has any expertise...but I am always looking for natural/organic cooking and healthy living tips:) I have created a group called for moms to share eco friendly living and natural living tid bits..all are welcome to jump in.It would be fun to see/hear what others around the world are doing in respect to these issues!Not sure if I am allowed to post the info here???
> Jaala
>

2b.

Re: Hi everyone!

Posted by: "Mehri Sedaghat Shayegan" m_sedaghat_sh@yahoo.com   m_sedaghat_sh

Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:41 am (PST)



Hi Jaala.....
plz explain about your group and plz write its Adrss......Take care

--- On Tue, 1/12/10, J-la <jaalajensen@yahoo.com> wrote:

From: J-la <jaalajensen@yahoo.com>
Subject: [mompowergroup] Hi everyone!
To: mompowergroup@yahoogroups.com
Date: Tuesday, January 12, 2010, 8:45 PM

 

I am Jaala, a mommy of four wonderful kids.. We currently homeschool and try to live as naturally and simply as possible. HA! Not sure if anyone is interested, or has any expertise... but I am always looking for natural/organic cooking and healthy living tips:) I have created a group called for moms to share eco friendly living and natural living tid bits..all are welcome to jump in.It would be fun to see/hear what others around the world are doing in respect to these issues!Not sure if I am allowed to post the info here???
Jaala

Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Yahoo! Groups

Going Green

Resources and tips

for green living

Group Charity

City Year

Young people who

change the world

Cat Fanatics

on Yahoo! Groups

Find people who are

crazy about cats.

Need to Reply?

Click one of the "Reply" links to respond to a specific message in the Daily Digest.

Create New Topic | Visit Your Group on the Web

No comments:

Post a Comment