Tuesday, January 12, 2010

[mompowergroup] Digest Number 280

Messages In This Digest (15 Messages)

1a.
Re: HELLO! From: HL Climaco
2.
single mom From: Kristy
3a.
Re: looking for playdate ideas From: daamethystgurl@aol.com
3b.
Re: looking for playdate ideas From: Mary Iffert
3c.
Re: looking for playdate ideas From: spidernkitty
4a.
Re: Hyper child From: ...hi...
5.
Single mother looking for friends/playdates From: crayonthief
6a.
Re: How do I  help my son (7) cope with nightmares? From: Elizabeth de los Santos
7a.
Re: How do YOU manage a home and fam.... From: Karen Jedziniak
8a.
Re: How do I help my son (7) cope with nightmares? From: Cindy Martin-Wolfe
9a.
Re: Anyone with Potty Training Tips?! From: ...hi...
10a.
Re: How do I  help my son (7) cope with nightmares? From: Elizabeth de los Santos
11.
Wish you all a happy prosperous new year. From: Priya Aarthi
12.
Homeschooling Option? From: Kimberley McDaniel
13.
Looking for friends/playdates From: spidernkitty

Messages

1a.

Re: HELLO!

Posted by: "HL Climaco" hermie.org@gmail.com   hermie7267

Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:10 am (PST)



Happy New Year to all! May this be a better year than last year for all of
us moms in raising our children and family.

On Mon, Jan 4, 2010 at 2:50 AM, che <che4jc@yahoo.ca> wrote:

>
>
> [image: :))] HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL MOMS OUT THERE![image: ;)]
>
>

2.

single mom

Posted by: "Kristy" kriszafiris@comcast.net   kristyzafiris

Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:10 am (PST)



Any other single moms out there? I devote so much time to my kids, when they are gone at their dads I'm a little lost and lonely. All my friends are married with families so I feel bad asking them to hangout. Anyone have any tips on how to be alone but not lonely?

Kristy

3a.

Re: looking for playdate ideas

Posted by: "daamethystgurl@aol.com" daamethystgurl@aol.com   grenidpebbles

Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:11 am (PST)



the library is a great place if there is a playroom there


In a message dated 1/9/2010 11:28:25 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
wwjdcutcy2@yahoo.com writes:

When my daughter n I go see our friends we cook or bake or go shopping
together.
-----Original Message-----
Date: Friday, January 08, 2010 6:27:30 am
To: _mompowergroup@mompowergroumom_ (mailto:mompowergroup@yahoogroups.com)
From: "sarika8282" <_sarika8282@yahoo.sar_ (mailto:sarika8282@yahoo.com) >
Subject: [mompowergroup] looking for playdate ideas

hi!

i went to a playdate this morning with a friend who also has a 2 year old
daughter. while our girls played together nicely (for the most part) for 2
hours, we started discussing how it would be nice to "do something" next
time we met while the girls played. although it was nice to just have some
adult conversation and chat, we really felt that it would be nice to chat
while doing "something" at the same time, but we're just not sure what. maybe
knit together? cook something fun? do a 1000 piece puzzle? does anyone have
any ideas of what 2 or 3 moms could do while their kids played in the same
or next room? it would have to be something fairly easy! thanks.

3b.

Re: looking for playdate ideas

Posted by: "Mary Iffert" maryjo60123@yahoo.com   maryjo60123

Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:13 am (PST)



There are a number of organizations that look for individuals to knit / crochet scarves, hats, mittens, etc. for the homeless;€ ¦  baby afghans for newborns for those moms who need a new item to wrap baby in before taking him / her home;€ ¦  blankets for those children who are undergoing intense and significant emotional / medical therapies.€ ¦  If you Google any of these ideas, the organizations will pop up.€ ¦  Many of them have specific measurements and patterns for these ...others will accept anything you make and donate.€ ¦  Many also have local chapters that collect and disseminate them locally.€ ¦  Good luck:)

3c.

Re: looking for playdate ideas

Posted by: "spidernkitty" bac_money@yahoo.com   spidernkitty

Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:45 am (PST)



What about a tea party? I do tea party with my girls and hubby for lunch on a Saturday or Sunday when we have more time.

--- In mompowergroup@yahoogroups.com, daamethystgurl@... wrote:
>
> the library is a great place if there is a playroom there
>
>
> In a message dated 1/9/2010 11:28:25 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
> wwjdcutcy2@... writes:
>
>
>
>
> When my daughter n I go see our friends we cook or bake or go shopping
> together.
> -----Original Message-----
> Date: Friday, January 08, 2010 6:27:30 am
> To: _mompowergroup@mompowergroumom_ (mailto:mompowergroup@yahoogroups.com)
> From: "sarika8282" <_sarika8282@..._ (mailto:sarika8282@...) >
> Subject: [mompowergroup] looking for playdate ideas
>
> hi!
>
> i went to a playdate this morning with a friend who also has a 2 year old
> daughter. while our girls played together nicely (for the most part) for 2
> hours, we started discussing how it would be nice to "do something" next
> time we met while the girls played. although it was nice to just have some
> adult conversation and chat, we really felt that it would be nice to chat
> while doing "something" at the same time, but we're just not sure what. maybe
> knit together? cook something fun? do a 1000 piece puzzle? does anyone have
> any ideas of what 2 or 3 moms could do while their kids played in the same
> or next room? it would have to be something fairly easy! thanks.
>

4a.

Re: Hyper child

Posted by: "...hi..." dom_massage@yahoo.com   dom_massage

Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:12 am (PST)



€ ¦ 
Wow, Lisa, this is AMAZING advice!
€ ¦ 

--- On Tue, 9/8/09, felicia maliani <fmaliani@hotmail.com> wrote:

...
I also always made the punishment fit the crime...ALWAYS! !! € ¦ Say for instance your child is crying. € ¦ I would say to my kids, "Obviously you're crying because you are tired. € ¦ So since your tired you have to go to bed early tonight." € ¦ But you must always, again, follow through with the punishment. € ¦ If you don't they will never take you seriously. € ¦ Each and every time, FOLLOW THROUGH!!! € ¦ It's the key to growing up happy with your children and your sanity through their teen years.

...

5.

Single mother looking for friends/playdates

Posted by: "crayonthief" crayonthief@yahoo.com   crayonthief

Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:12 am (PST)



Hi. I'm a 28 year old mother of a two year old little girl. I'm in Spartanburg, and I don't know anyone here. I work, go to school, and spend all of my spare time with my daughter, so I don't really get out much to meet people or make friends. I am hoping to find other mothers for playdates and/or to go have coffee/lunch/drinks. I enjoy photography, scrapbooking, sewing, creating upcycled goods, reading, most arts and crafts, and cooking just to name a few.

(Moderator's note: This is an international group, so it isn't likely that you'll find many, if any, moms in your area here. however, maybe members can give you ideas on how to connect with moms in your area.)

6a.

Re: How do I  help my son (7) cope with nightmares?

Posted by: "Elizabeth de los Santos" elizabethrdls@yahoo.com.ph   elizabethrdls

Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:13 am (PST)



Saying a prayer before going to sleep might help.€ ¢Â  It is also a kind of setting the€ ¢Â  mind to pleasant€ ¢Â Â Â Â  thoughts.€ ¢Â Â  Here's a prayer my son and I used to pray when they were 2-5 years old:

€ ¢Â Â Â Â  Angel of God, my Guardian dear
€ ¢Â Â Â Â  To whom His love,€ ¢Â  commits me here.
€ ¢Â Â Â Â  Ever this day, be at my side
€ ¢Â Â Â Â  To light and guide,€ ¢Â  to rule and guard, Amen.

€ ¢Â Â Â Â Â  Dear God, bless mama, bless Papa, Bless my brothers and sisters
€ ¢Â Â Â Â Â  Bless Uncles and Aunties,€ ¢Â  Bless also my pet dog Panda, and my classmates and
€ ¢Â Â Â Â Â  friends,€ ¢Â  Amen.

Elizabeth R. de los Santos

7a.

Re: How do YOU manage a home and fam....

Posted by: "Karen Jedziniak" kjed96@yahoo.com   kjed96

Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:13 am (PST)



Hi, I also find it extremely challenging juggling a 13 mo old adorable girl, working part time, house work, bills ( basicly I pretty much do everything and find it impossible - any pointers are greatly appreciated) , laundry ( which is pretty much all over the house) trying to create some sort of social life for us as we have no family in CA so I'm trying to mmake some couple friends for us. I do my best but cleaning is always last on the list
thanks :)
k

8a.

Re: How do I help my son (7) cope with nightmares?

Posted by: "Cindy Martin-Wolfe" tenasimia@gmail.com   tenasimia

Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:13 am (PST)



Hi Mary,
I well know how trying this can be. I have children,grandchildren and keep
foster children between abuse and placement. I have dealt with some very
bad nightmares, just bad dreams, and horrible night terrors. I got results
from keeping to a schedule, a clear bedtime routine (about 30 min prior to
bedtime), praying, and using an all natural 'homathpic' remedy for babies &
child sleep issues. It is made by (Hylands) and is for bad dreams,
nightmares, etc.. It comes in instant dissolving tablets that cannot cause
any harm. I promise they work. You can get which ever one you want. They
come under different names. May want to try and see which one works best
per child.
Hylands are bad dream tablets. They also have teething, colic, earache,
sniffles & sneezes, all kinds. They all work miracles. You can get them at
Kmart, Walmart, Walgreen's, almost everywhere, in the baby area. There is
also a wonderful website at www.nativeremedies.com, under child health; they
have "Bad dream sprinkles', 'Serenite Jr', 'Triple complex sleep tonic',
'serenite plus' all for this problem.
I wish you the very best. And a deep restful sleep for your baby. Cindy

Sat, Jan 9, 2010 at 6:12 AM, Mary Iffert <maryjo60123@yahoo.com> wrote:

>
>
> how about reading the Berenstein Bears book on Dreams before going to sleep
> at night, stressing that he is in control as the book suggests?
>
>
>
9a.

Re: Anyone with Potty Training Tips?!

Posted by: "...hi..." dom_massage@yahoo.com   dom_massage

Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:14 am (PST)



€ ¦ 
Hi guys,
€ ¦ 
I'm responding to this message a bit late (my mailbox is swamped ) but hoping my message helps....
€ ¦ 
I had read that the average age for girls to be fully potty-trained is 3yrs 3mths...
€ ¦ 
my daughter was TERRIFIED of the potty just 4 mths ago - she'd scream and run away....so€ ¦ I learned not to push her or remind her of the potty til she seemed ready...
€ ¦ 
and recently she just took off her PullUp one day, and sat down on the potty ON HER OWN. She's now 2yrs and 4 mths old, grabs a roll of toilet paper, takes off her Huggies Pull-Up (they have velcro on the sides) and sits down on the potty. Once she's done, she wipes herself.
€ ¦ 
I guess my not pushing worked. All I'm doing now is guiding her to like it.
€ ¦ 
Good luck.

€ ¦ 

€ ¦ 
€ ¦ 
€ ¦ 

--- On Tue, 8/18/09, Charly <charlene.medina@yahoo.com> wrote:

From: Charly <charlene.medina@yahoo.com>
Subject: [mompowergroup] Re: Anyone with Potty Training Tips?!
To: mompowergroup@yahoogroups.com
Date: Tuesday, August 18, 2009, 5:53 PM

€ ¦ 

--- In mompowergroup@ yahoogroups. com, "Tenekia Lafaye Robins" <neka415@... > wrote:
>
> My son is 2 yrs old - he was potty training ready when he turned 1, but his daycare wasn't willing to assist. He has temper tantrums when it's time for him to sit on his potty, how can i get him to enjoy potty time?How do become consistant? Do you have any tips?
>
Hi,
well my youngest is about to b three and let me tell we have had a hard time. But I have learned not to push it. I ask him constantly all day long. ( like every 5 minutes) My son is really excited to go to school and that is how I got him motivated. I always remind him if he wants to be a big boy and go to school. Well his reply is yeas thank goodness. And I always reward him for going potty, first he has to tell me that he has to go potty (he says pee well when he has to pee and potty for number 2), then I remind him to call me when he is done so I can clean him, then he gets his hands washed and finally a HI-FIVE and a snack. It has worked so far for me and my next goal is teaching him how to wipe but my other son is 4 and he still calls me on that one. Go figure. Good Luck.

Charly

10a.

Re: How do I  help my son (7) cope with nightmares?

Posted by: "Elizabeth de los Santos" elizabethrdls@yahoo.com.ph   elizabethrdls

Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:16 am (PST)



I would suggest that we as parents create more positive, creative atmosphere and environment for€ ¢Â  our sons and daughters especialy with€ ¢Â  those kids in the early ages.. Activities like gardening, drawing, puzzles, playing chess.or word factory, or learning how to bike.€ ¢Â  Such positive and creative€ ¢Â  activities will stick in his subconscious mind and help build self-confidence. Refrain them from watching scary movies, violent films or video games.

As mothers, we can try to develop any of the eight intelligences among our kids. Some of€ ¢Â  These intelligences are
MusicalMathematicsLinguistic - reading & writing, poetryVisual --€ ¢Â  drawing, use of space for creative purposeKinestheticCheck out the Psychologist Gardner on 8 Intelligences.
Elizabeth R. de los Santos

11.

Wish you all a happy prosperous new year.

Posted by: "Priya Aarthi" priyaaarthi2418@yahoo.com   priyaaarthi2418

Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:18 am (PST)



Hi all,

I am priya from chennai india and i am new to this group
Please do send message and informations.
Thank you for love and affection.

regards
Priya

The INTERNET now has a personality. YOURS! See your Yahoo! Homepage. http://in.yahoo.com/
12.

Homeschooling Option?

Posted by: "Kimberley McDaniel" vibrantlifecoach@comcast.net   mscorvelli

Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:18 am (PST)



For you moms who are considering or even stepped into the field of
homeschooling, here is a great site put together by a veteran mom who
has successfully taught her kids for 9 years. The registration is FREE
and offers lots of great inside information:

www.OneMinuteHomeschoolTip.com

Kim

13.

Looking for friends/playdates

Posted by: "spidernkitty" bac_money@yahoo.com   spidernkitty

Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:44 am (PST)



Hello Ladies,

I haven't been part of the post of anything because I am getting ready to start classes soon. I am looking for friends to hang out with as well as some playdates for my girls. I live in the Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas. I have a 4 years old and 2 and a half years old. I go to school weeknights and Saturday.

Kathy

Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Dog Zone

on Yahoo! Groups

Join a Group

all about dogs.

Check out the

Y! Groups blog

Stay up to speed

on all things Groups!

Group Charity

i-SAFE

Keep your kids

safer online

Need to Reply?

Click one of the "Reply" links to respond to a specific message in the Daily Digest.

Create New Topic | Visit Your Group on the Web

No comments:

Post a Comment